Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW Michigan ice conditions and fish reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting closer! Pond on hunting property was froze over this morning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Getting pretty excited for ice season! Sure hoping I can get on the ice over here somewhere before I head back to the East side for school mid January.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have little hope for early season ice. These cold nights will continue to bring down water temps and that is the real good thing about this.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like starting the 15th. We got a little colder weather moving in (I hope). Won't take to many days to get some decent ice as long as we don't get much snow.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Looks like starting the 15th. We got a little colder weather moving in (I hope). Won't take to many days to get some decent ice as long as we don't get much snow.

Bad news fellow slushies. According to weather.com there will not be day or night temperature below freezing until the 26th. I'm gonna bowhunt for the next 10 days and then go hang out wit da yoopers to find some ice. THIS IS UNBEARABLE!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone check Austin lake yet? Plan on checking it Saturday morning usually one of the first lakes to get good ice around the portage area.
(One of the bigger lakes anyway).

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
checked a few in VB co last week. everything looked pretty bad.
I saw one guy on some bad stuff on twins small shallow south bay and 2 on 3mile channel.
i assume i could get on at a few other channels that everyone knows about. But Im not much of a channel type guy.
i may head south sunday towards Jones to a small lake that went from 9' deep to 4' deep about 15-yrs ago.
it's been back for about 10 yrs. Maybe its time. .. Maybe

·
Registered
920 Posts
Anyone check Austin lake yet? Plan on checking it Saturday morning usually one of the first lakes to get good ice around the portage area.
(One of the bigger lakes anyway).

I'm not far from Austin today. I will take a peek around lunch and let you know.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not my favorite lake but there was 5 guys on sunset today. Going to give Austin or sugarloaf a check in the morning.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Checked a few lakes around Glendale this morning after breakfast. Half had about .5” out around the shoreline and the other 3 lakes had about 2 1/2”on them. I walked out a bit, but without cleats, I wasn’t going out too far. Maybe in the morning

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
44 Posts
Checked 3 lakes in Berrien today. Two had small open water areas where the geese are hanging out. All 3 were around 2 inches near shore. Last night’s 17 degrees helped. If we can get through midweek, the 10 day forecast looks much better for ice if the snow stays away.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sugarloaf has 2-3"s of ice but not much biting at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My brother in law has been on a channel in Juno all week. Helps they know someone who lives on it double the launch ice is saw yet. Heard there’s guys on Gravel as well. I think I’ll wait another week.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts