Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not to make excuses but I have not been able to get out lately. Just spent 4 days in the hospital for poisoning my lungs with sanding dust from my wood shop. Got to rest them for a while and then I hopefully will be able to get out 👍

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
January at a glance

We have had an extremely competitive month, with some true beasts hitting the ice.
January 2021 has seen the 2nd highest amount of MICHIGAN fish 35" or better hit the score board with 9! January 2018 had 10, and most other seasons we see 5-7.

Although the amount of people registered this season has declined, the rate of participants submitting a score to the board is on track with most other seasons. Scoring rate is 59%, and 30% of the participants have upgraded thus far.

Only 2 teams have yet to attain a 4 fish score, so let's all wish them good luck in the following weeks!
Team 5 has 2 on the board, and Team 2 just needs a keyboard warrior to engage in some fist to fin combat for a 4 fish score.

PS Rain, I hope you login soon and send a few jabs back my way :D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
ANNOUNCEMENT
I would like to thank all the participants this season! You have all made it the single most competitive season the Darkhouse contest has EVER seen. AND ITS STILL NOT OVER!!!!!! This contest marks a MILESTONE as being the first time ALL teams have validated a full score to the board! Its usually tight in the top 3, as well as the fight to stay a champion. However, with all teams submitting a 4 fish score, it is truly anyone's game!

Just a little history lesson, for those of whom enjoy a little more of zer0's numbers babble. The contest started in the 2013/14 season, using only Michigan fish, with 3 to score. In a few years time the contest progressed. We have accepted out of state competitors, allowing brothers outside of the murder mitten to partake in this little shin dig, and in addition allowing fish from out of state ice season destination trips to be entered. We have also increased the scoring limit from 3 fish to 4, and adopted a bragging rights award for the top score total. Over the years we have used a unique weekly score update, allowing competitors to view their team progress to the season end final score. Moving forward this season, teams are seeing fish to fish updates reflecting what has have been uploaded to the board for score validation. Along with the team competition, a side pot competition allows participants to score individual points for multiple species based on the master angler size. There is truly something here for anyone who enjoys a good honest stab-a-thon.

So, in summary a BIG THANK YOU everyone who has participated this season, you have made it truly special, and I am happy to be hosting this milestone season.

show_me_what_you_got_rick_morty.gif

101 - 120 of 127 Posts