Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine. Cost me nothing. I didn't get sick, I didn't get the flu from the shot, there wasn't any covert secret agent crap in the vaccine, and I got the high dose vaccine.If you want the flu, then don't get the shot. If you don't get the shot, then stay the hell away from everyone else. I don't want to be sick at my age. Flu could kill me. And others. The flu shot DOES NOT give you the flu. Anti vaxers unite and suffer in unity!

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
Got my free High Dose shot at Target. Got a $5.00 store coupon along with it!

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
They will change their minds if they ever truly had a very bad flu that last a week or more .Happened to me way back when the swine flu came around ...had my shot ever since .Never had the flu since .

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember the last time I had the flu. I called to work sick, layed on the couch with the puke bucket, and watched the space shuttle launch blow up that morning. Bad day. RIP to those that lost their lives that morning.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I got my shot yesterday.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
So, how effective is the shot in the first place if those that get it are terrified about being around someone who didn't get it?
And those that are vaccinated still can carry and spread the viruses.
So, the only 100% effective prevention is not going in public at all.
Or, do things to try to keep yourself healthy in the first place.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
So, how effective is the shot in the first place if those that get it are terrified about being around someone who didn't get it?
And those that are vaccinated still can carry and spread the viruses.
So, the only 100% effective prevention is not going in public at all.
Or, do things to try to keep yourself healthy in the first place.
Not quite that simple. Getting the shot can reduce the severity of the flu, and maybe prolong your life for a while.

·
Premium Member
14,856 Posts
Got mine this week. Half hour, no charge and one smokin hot nurse!!!

I started getting the shot about 10 years ago. I'm never really one to get sick much but catch a simple cold every now and then.
Thought I was pushing my luck as I work a lot in filthy, nasty rat, roach and flea filled homes in the worst areas of Detroit, Inkster, Flint, etc. No telling all the filth and sickness in the air.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm 70. She says that I don't have much immunity left without boosters. Pneumonia, shingles, tetanus, all the little things that could whack us. Makes sense. A simple cold lasts for a long time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts