Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and checked the ice on the south side of the lake. Went out 30 yards or so and there was a good 6-7 inches of ice and making more:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flurries, flurries and more flurries and nothing above freezing as far as the forecast can see. looks like some accumulation on Saturday but not sure how much.... the winds have been so strong that its kept the snow off the Ice.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Stopped by there yesterday to see first hand seen a snowmobile out near middle, and others out walking /fishing straight out in front of state park boat landing, myself Ill wait 1 more week before i bring my snowmobile to the lake.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not go out on the ice to check it again however as you can see they have a ATV on the ice in the photo. I would still guess theres about 6" of snow thats on the ice at least. As far as reports I heard of a guy getting a 46" pike or muskie not sure which yet as I am waiting to see the picture myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
24/7 is that a view from the south end/camp graying end? not familar with that entrance to get on the ice.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it's off the beach on Camp Grayling south side of the lake. There is a camp ground right at the front gate of post. The gate guards should let you pass through to get there. But be warned there are no personal fire arms allowed on post and the camp ground is still consider part of the installation.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was a crust on about two inches of water on top of 10-14" of solid ice depending where we punched holes in. We are due to get 6-9" of snow starting today and ending tomorrow sometime. If your asking about the trail conditions all I can say is there's snow on them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the update. I will be up this weekend. Will be fishing the south side of the lake. I am taking the niece and nephew out for their first time ice fishing. Should be exciting, hopefully we catch some fish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How much snow did you end up getting? We will be up for the weekend. Fishing off eagle point. Blue clam n a black n camo hub. Stop by n say hello if you are in the area.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We got at least 6 inches maybe even eight in some spots due to get more snow tonight. I personally haven't caught anything on the south side yet but have heard of good pan fishing on the north side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts