Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
As many of you already know the young man we sponsored in the charity event last year has passed on. With the passing of Kevin this brings even a brighter light to B4K as they enable youngsters to enjoy their outdoor wishes.

So with that said I present to you the 2010 Dreamweaver Charity Salmon Fishing Tournament Rules and Signup Thread.

Any questions please inquire at: [email protected]

Dreamweaver Charity Salmon Tournament Saturday JULY 24th Fisherman's Landing Muskegon, Michigan

Winnings will be awarded accordingly
1st-Place - 20 tickets, trophy.
2nd Place – 18 tickets.
3rd Place – 16 tickets.
4th Place – 14 tickets.
5th Place – 12 tickets.
6th Place – 10 tickets.
7th Place – 8 tickets.
8th Place – 6 tickets.
9th Place – 4 tickets.
10th Place – 2 tickets.
Big Fish – Cash.

*Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $5/piece or 5 for $20. Raffle Tickets will only be sold on day of tournament, and you must be present to win.*

This is a FUN charity tournament. We ask people to share fishing tips on the radio (Channel 72). Please keep your comments at a PG rating. This is a family orientated event.

You may ONLY use the lures provided in the lure pack. If you lose a lure you are down a lure, no replacing the lure with a like lure in your boat. No alterations of the lures (exception, line on the fly and changing hooks if they become unusable).

ANY PORT ON LAKE MICHIGAN IS OPEN TO FISH THIS YEAR.

Fishing starts no earlier than 5:00 AM, there is no stop time HOWEVER a team representative must be in line with fish for weigh-in by 1:00 PM at Fisherman’s Landing, Muskegon. You will be disqualified if you are not in weigh-in line by 1:00pm. A tournament representative will be ready to weigh fish by 11:00 AM.

If tournament is fished until at least 8:00AM it will be considered completed.

Boats may use up to 9 rods in the water MAX at any one time.

Three-man DNR fish limit MAX per boat.

Weigh 5 fish of the following kind (King, Coho, Steelhead, Browns, and Lakers).

Each fish is worth 10 points plus weight.

Know what your big fish is. You get 1 chance to weigh your big fish.

All captains must sign a waiver form prior to getting their lure packages. A representative will be in the Fisherman’s Landing Pavilion from 4:00 AM to 5:30 AM (day of tournament). Lure packages will also be available Friday evening after 5:00 PM at the Fisherman’s Landing Campground. Waiver forms are available in .PDF, If possible print them, fill them out, and send them with your payment.

Download waiver here

If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be donated as a prize and money will not be refunded.

In the event of bad weather, the tournament may be delayed or cancelled. Every attempt will be made to either reach the boat by cell phone or marine radio on channel 72. In the event of a cancelled tournament, big fish money will be donated to charity and a raffle will be held in the pavilion at 12:00 Noon

July 2nd is the deadline to have entry fees to me, this is because we have to order the lures and put the packages together.

Any boat that pays the entry fee prior to June 2nd will receive 5 extra raffle tickets in their captain’s pack.

Please write checks to Jim Six with Dreamweaver Charity Salmon Tourney in the notes section.

This tournment will be limited to the first 60 paid boats.

We already have a significant amount of sponsors committed to us again this year and i will post those soon.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Tad Pole is in!! man i can't wait this will be our third Dream Weaver charity event and we just can't think of a better way to raise money for a very good cause.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
1.tgafish
2.oakley
3.catfishoge
4.trouttracker
5.severus
6.sixshooter
7.Paulywood
8.Adjusted3
9.1maniac
10.7mary3
11.Tadpole
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet we are 1/6th of the way to our 60 boats.

Don't forget ALL ports along Lake Michigan are open to fish this year. That is something new we are doing this year. You just have to be in line at the Pavillion at Fisherman's Landing Muskegon by 1:00pm for weigh in.

Keep it up.

Also don't miss out on the 5 extra raffle tickets if you get me your entry fee by June 2nd.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just so everybody knows our prize list is:
Salmon Slayer Charters: Free Charter out of Ludington
Dreamweaver: Same things they did for us last year.
Hamiltroller: 2 Rod Holders
Bretts Place on the Bay: Gift Cards
FishdogCompany: Gift Cards
Applebees: Gift Cards
Arrow Uniform: Supplies the Team Towels in the captains packs.
National City Bank: Supplies the bags for the captains packs.

1.tgafish
2.oakley
3.catfishoge
4.trouttracker
5.severus
6.sixshooter
7.Paulywood
8.Adjusted3
9.1maniac
10.7mary3
11.Tadpole
12.Far Beyond Driven
13.I Don't Think So
14.Dutchking

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'll do my best to make this one this year Jim. Put me down, but I want to be #29...hey if lucky numbers work for some...I need all the help I can get.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
I'll do my best to make this one this year Jim. Put me down, but I want to be #29...hey if lucky numbers work for some...I need all the help I can get.
Sorry Wayne I already put in for that spot so your stuck with #28 1/2 or #29 1/2.:lol::lol::lol:

Put me in also Jimmy an if work picks up will try to be a sponsor also.

Larry

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sorry Wayne I already put in for that spot so your stuck with #28 1/2 or #29 1/2.:lol::lol::lol:

Put me in also Jimmy an if work picks up will try to be a sponsor also.

Larry
Yeah..well 1/2 usually works for me..I been called a half (???) (use your imagination) many times...sometimes even by people I don't like. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Guys and Gals,

Tommy sent me an e-mail the other day that Kevin was called home. I cried like a baby at my desk at work. I never was able to meet Kevin, but he touched our hearts...we were to meet him at a banquet last night. Of course, someone beyond me had other plans. I have to live my life thru Kevin's photos. They had his fish mounts from his Alaska trip and they were incredible!! Center Stage!!!

I just got back from a B4K fund raiser over at Perch Point Conservation Club last night. We all got to meet Kevins parents. They are wonderful people, incredible that they were at the banquet after losing Kevin a few days before. Folks, I can say, we did a heroic thing for a young kid. We did the right thing. Incredible!!!

Jim and Bev Six, Tom Andris, Tim Stien and Darla and I represented the West Michigan Fishing League. The expressions and hugs from Mrs. Hertz had me again balling like a baby. Guys, you are doing the right thing. It was incredible. The entire room gave the West Michigan Fishing League a standing ovation for your generosity. We could not have been more proud for everyone that made this happen....there was a lot of tears shed last night, but everyone in the WMFL can be proud of the wish that they made come true.

And Wayne, you can have what ever number you want!!!

This is what it is all about. Let's get signed up.....

Mark and Darla

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Back Big Jon Sports

Updated Prize List.

Big Jon Sports: 2 Captains Pack Down Riggers
Salmon Slayer Charters: Free Charter out of Ludington
Dreamweaver: Same things they did for us last year.
Hamiltroller: 2 Rod Holders
Bretts Place on the Bay: Gift Cards
FishdogCompany: Gift Cards
Applebees: Gift Cards
Arrow Uniform: Supplies the Team Towels in the captains packs.
National City Bank: Supplies the bags for the captains packs.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.