Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,687 Posts
I guess I will be the first to check in. I will be bowhunting in Jackson county every sunday and few days in between until November 8th. I will be hunting in Iron county from November 8 - November 18. Good luck

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Checking in. Will be doing most of my hunting on 600 acres in Washtenaw County, and a week for gun in Alcona County. Shoot straight.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
600 acres in Washtenaw!!!!! You lucky dog.

Yeah I am not complaining. Took only one doe last year, got swamped and screwed at work. Moved my vacation up for a bear hunt trip. The year before out there was great, took a dandy buck and a ton of does. Here is my 06 buck.

I saw a couple of small bucks last year, but opted to pass. Should be good for at least a doe for the team.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
No kidding that would be a dream come true for me.
It is, 06 my friend and I alone harvested 21 animals, crop damage. 3 real nice bucks of which is the one above. He shot a 9 point that scored 147.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Yep, a mainframe 10 pnt. same one as last year I could not get a shot off on, he is larger and thicker this year. He will be tough to get, he has been around a while and has learned to negotiate even poachers. He will be a challenge.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hey guys,checking in. I will be doing most of my hunting in Macomb co, I will also be hunting in atlanta and in menominee. Hope I can do my part for the team. First year in the contest and it sounds like a great frindly competition.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi all. Checking in. I will be hunting 250 acres in Saginaw County that boarders the Shiawassee National Refuge. First bow season on this area. Shot a nice 9 pt. first hunt on the property, opening day of gun last year. Should be good!!!!!! Good luck to all.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Checking in. I'll be bowhunting Arenac, Iosco, Isabella, Schoolcraft, and possibly Chippewa County. I even bowhunt during firearm season!

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I'm on Sabbatical! So I'll bow hunt a few weeks on our 92 acer property in Sanillac county. And then I'll go out with muzzle loader. I usually harvest 2 or 3 deer a year. Love that venison.

We do have some monster bucks on the property. But they often come out where I can't set up. I was thinking about digging a ground pit to try to ambush them. Also because of our location we usually have a 12 pt+ poached every other year as well.:rant: But this year the DNR may throw out their mechanical decoy to try to cut down on the problem.

I only entered for bow hunting last year and got a 7 or 8 pt with the bow. Then I got another buck later with the muzzle. Just can't wait to get out there and see what happening.

Soggybtmboys, you're in the Pt. Huron area aren't you?

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Soggybtmboys, you're in the Pt. Huron area aren't you?
Nope, I am Downriver...Brownstown exactly. I hunt all over, but mostly Washtenaw and Alcone Counties.

·
Registered
581 Posts
No idea on a name. I don't have that much creativity. I will give it a thought. Like your thought process on the name, would definitely work.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts