Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
every one ready to go and kick some butty:)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I know I am ready for sure!! Just finished up the last of my many sets today. I have some nice bucks on film, but I will be very picky this year so we will see what happens!!

Good Luck to everyone and lets get a name as soon as everyone checks in!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys. Just checking in. Scouted Shiawassee this weekend, I got drawn for the Nov. 1-5 either sex hunt. That place is huge! Hopefully I found a good enough spot. I am going in with my boat so I will at least get back in the bush aways. Most of my hunting will be done in Lapeer, and I will probably spend a couple days of muzzleloader in Hillsdale. I saw alot of deer there during last years muzzleloader. My place in Lapeer is 8 acres, and all surrounding properties gets some very heavy pressure. Hopefully with the baiting ban I can get some deer cruising my woods. Can't wait for season to start.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm checking in! I have just a little over 11 acres that is surrounded by about 500 acres of non-huntable land and my property just so happens to be right in the middle of the bedding areas and the feeding areas. Most of the deer get funneled through my area because of fences and roads. I haven't seen any buck on my little chunk of heaven for a few weeks but I know that they are there. Four seasons ago I went to an 8 point or better rule. Last year I had some nice 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old bucks running around and some nice 1 1/2 year old 6 and 8 pointers.

I'm looking forward to this year’s hunt because my son will be able to hunt with a gun and daddy's little girl will be out with a bow.

Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm checking in. I don't need a trail cam I've got the in-laws watching the bucks walk right past the horse pasture almost every night. Good luck to all, Well at least on this team.:evilsmile:lol:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello fellow warriors of the fall. I am looking forward to this year. I have a nice 4 1/2 year old 8 point on film thats been showing up rather regularly. I have about 5 acres of foodplots in on 40 acres, so hopefully that will be enough to lure him in along with a few does. Good luck everyone.

·
Banned
13,125 Posts
Hey guys here to check in. All my stands were cleared this past weekend, and I have been seeing a couple shooters. Lets make this a good season.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Looks like we're just waiting for Mightymouse to check-in.

What Type of hunting did everyone sign up under?
Bow
Gun
Combo

I'm listed under Bow, So I think that gives us 2 points right out of the gate.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Looks like we're just waiting for Mightymouse to check-in.
Wait no longer!!!!

Hey guy's, sorry I'm late!! We were up on the property this weekend putting in our plots and checking the trail cam's. Didn't think to check this forum yesterday but I'm glad I checked in here today. I am on the site everyday (don't tell my boss :) ) and anxiously awaiting the season!

I am signed up for gun and bow but I do the majority of my hunting with my bow. I knew if I went bow only I would nail one with my gun and be unable to register it so I registered as "combo".

Most of my hunting will be done on our property in the Marion area but we spend one week during October up in the UP and we hunt the Thanksgiving weekend just north of Cadillac.

Looking forward to the upcoming season. Good luck to everyone!!!

·
Banned
13,125 Posts
I put in for combo for the same reason mightymouse did.

What kind of land will everyone be hunting this year?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I put in for combo, for the same reason. I have 40 acres in the thumb. I have in about 3 acres of corn, 1 1/2 acres of brassica, 1/2 acre of winter wheat/brassica blend I won from ms member Orion, 1/4 acre clover/chicory blend and a .2 acre roundup ready sugar beet plot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am signed up for bow only, due to the fact I think my motherinlaw is afraid that close gun fire might spook her horses. I'm actually hunting on only 5 acers, but it right between bedding area and feeding areas. It's a great ambush spot. Plus they love to stop and eat the acorns on their property. They also seem to be in the pasture licking on the mineral blocks quite a bit. These are for the horses, I not baiting if their is any concern.;)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Like I said before, I have just a little over 11 acres that is surrounded by about 500 acres of non-huntable land and my property just so happens to be right in the middle of the bedding areas and the feeding areas. I have soy beans to the southeast of me and corn to the south. To the east I have about 100 acres of hard woods. To the north is about 100 acres of swamp surrounded by 200 acres of hard woods. I have a highway that runs along the west side of my property and I see any were from 6 to 12 deer hit on the highway along my property from Sep. to Dec.

Now how about a team name. Any ideas?
Here is a couple:
Whitetail Fanatics
The Eight Ball Posse

Steve

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am signed up for bow. I figured I would get drawn for Shiawassee when I signed up. Hopefully I can fill a tag there. The only problem is I will be in Hillsdale for muzzleloader and there are some hogs down there. I like Whitetail Fanatics, that's a good one.

·
Banned
13,125 Posts
Team Unlimited Glory.

We have 2 family farms I Hunt within a few miles of each other. One is 160 acres with 120 acres of beans and 40 acres of bedding/ thick swamp/timber, in the middle of the beans, with a creek running through the middle of that.

The other is a 10 acre section of oak trees on the north side and a 20 acre swamp on the south side with the CRP in the middle with 90 acres of CRP in the middle. At that property there is about 800-1000 acres of surrounding property that have been in some form of QDM for about 10 years.

There are few pics of some of the bucks taken that last couple years off our place. Hopefully a couple more nice bucks this year. We started passing on 2 1/2's this year so I hope I'm able to add a few points to the contest. :)

·
Banned
13,125 Posts
I like the wack masters... Sounds like something uncle Ted might say.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts