Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
just checking in....welcome to deer season/contest 2008.

let's come up with some suggestions for a team name and get this season rolling!!!!!!!

:fish:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Howdy folks! Let the games begin.
I was part of the contest last year and was able to help my team by taking a doe on dec 29th with my bow. Hope I can help our team a little more this time around!;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey everybody! Just checkin in also.
I was on the winning team last year (we were team #18 then too!) so I hope to keep the streak alive. Hopefully I can connect with another buck at least the size of last years or bigger and throw in a doe! Good luck to everyone. Anyone have any team name ideas?????

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Checking in guys! I was on the second place team last year. I took a 6 point and a doe with my bow and a second doe with my muzzleloader. Season can't get here soon enough for me, lets go get em!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gentlemen -

Sounds like we've got a good team! We need to start working on a name. I'm not terribly creative, but here are some suggestions to get us thinking:

arrow splitters, tree sitters, meat collectors, antler eaters, buck butchers, venison addicts, fall fanatics

Let's hear some more ideas...

While we're waiting for everyone to check in, let's share some information:

BackStrap
I hunt Clinton and Gratiot counties
I am primarily a bow hunter
I've been hunting for 14 years
Fun fact from last season: I shot a 10 1/2 year old doe :yikes: !!!!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Brandon - aka Mich.BuckWacker
I hunt private land in Lenawee and Clare counties
I mainly bowhunt but have really gotten into muzzleloading the last few years.
Been hunting for 22 years.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
my name is Brian
i hunt state land in south central MI and private land in the Manchester area.
been deer hunting for 19 years. i occasionally gun hunt (shotgun and muzzleloader), but my true passion is bow hunting.

i was on the 3rd place team last season and we had a really good time.

looking forward to a great contest this year.

team name ideas.....

backstrap barbeque
double lung
whitetail freaks

BTW....just found out that i got my antlerless tag for public land...another chance for venison in the freezer and points on the scoreboard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey fellas,

My name is James, I hunt Kalamazoo and Calhoun Counties near Fulton and Athens (Battle Creek). I have always been around hunting when I was younger, but never actually went bowhunting. Was just mainly firearms. I actually fell out of hunting for a while (during college and moving state to state). I got back into it when I moved back to MI about 3-4 years ago. I am exceptionally fond of bowhunting now-I love it. I hunt shotgun and muzzloader as well. I am hoping for a good year this year. Does are not an issue where I hunt, there are plenty of them and I definately take my share.

I'm not creative by any means, the only name I came up with at this point is Buxterminators or maybe Big Buxterminators. However, a few of the names already listed are pretty good.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Hi guys my name is Mike. I'll do my best but coming from last years first place team it may put a jinx on us. Don't count on me for a young one but if I shoot it will be an older class buck. I hope to whack some does under antlerless tags this year too. Good luck.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Checking In here fella's - Im with "LovetohunteUP" I aint gonna be put on the boerd with a young buck but show be a big 2 1/2 or more and Ill be adding points on the scoreboard ASAP. I usually try and take a doe for meat the first part of bow season so that should help out as well. Im pretty excited here and im sure you will be here from me again soon.

P.S. sometimes i can go a week without getting on the site so please be patient if asking me a question.

ALSO my vote is for
rack eaters or buck butchers and If Ya'll want me throw a name out there how about Rack Attack ???

·
Registered
649 Posts
A reminder of our instructions:

-Choose a team name
-Choose one member from your team to represent Michigan in the O-S.com vs. M-S.com part of this year's contest. (More details to be posted soon)
-Have that one member send me a pm that their team has all checked in w/ your team name

-------------------

I vote for double lung or antler eaters.

Who wants to represent our team? I don't want to.

All of our team members have checked in...

B

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good to see everyone has checked in!

As far as a team name goes, double lungers, whitetail fanatics, heart busters... anything anyone decides on is fine with me.

I would rather not be the lead person either. There are times when I don't get the chance to check into the site for a few days at a time or more.

Details about me: I hunt private land in Montcalm county. I primarily bowhunt but do dabble in the guns if I have time. If I shoot a buck it will be a mature one but I can 99% guarantee that I will at least add a doe to our point total!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Rack Attack or Rack Fanatics sound fine to me.

i would not have a problem representing the team, but i am listed as bow only....i think a person who signed up as combo should represent the team.....just my opinion.

we do need a team name ASAP and a representative so we can get the ball rolling.....:fish:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I nominate jstfish (Brian) to pick three names from the ones listed in this thread. Then we can vote as a team...sound good?

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I nominate jstfish (Brian) to pick three names from the ones listed in this thread. Then we can vote as a team...sound good?
ok...i'll make this easy for us.....if you guys don't mind a bow only representative, i'll be the team rep.

i'm also leaning towards whitetail fanatics or double lungers for team names.

so...1 vote for jstfish48162 as team rep.......:D

:fish:

any and all feedback welcome......:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts