Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I was up at my property in the UP this weekend. Looks good.

Some of the runways look like cattle paths... Unfortunatley, lots of yote and wolf tracks too......

·
Administrator
17,786 Posts
I was up in Alpena this past weekend a well. The deer herd in my area looks to be in pretty decent shape. One local up there told me that "there are bucks everywhere this year, and that the doe numbers seem to be pretty decent this year as well".
Good luck all!
<----<<<

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Just checking in, ready to rock. Oh, I apologize for the picture on the bottom on my signature, its from last yr and I don't know how to remove it. If anyone knows please let me know.

how do i get stuck with two of Team Vital on my team and not get the famous hunterhawk included! this is bull....:lol::lol::lol::lol:....talked to hawk last night and he should be hurting for season since hes off bear hunting in da UP and cant take time off from work since he took it off now:lol::lol:

was out at the least finishing plots this weekend and hanging stands..should have a doe down this first hunt..set some special stands just for does:evilsmile

·
Registered
191 Posts
Checking In
I live in Lansing, but will be hunting mainly in Mason. A couple of weekends maybe in Missaukee County. Good luck to my teammates.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Impray-Also live in lansing area and will be doing my hunting in Howell..and some around mason if my bud decides to be nice...Got some doe areas in GR and Lowell so might head that way also..should have a doe down by 8 on Thursday if I make it out, otherwhys friday night should be golden

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Looks like we all "checked in"..

Ideas for a team name?

Who wants to be our team captain?

·
Administrator
17,786 Posts
So how many points do we have so far?
I signed up "Bow Only".... So 2 points from me so far.
How did everyone else sign up?
Also, can we enter deer from the early antlerless season?
<----<<<

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I signed up as a combo gun and bow, so I am of no help.......:rolleyes:

The contest will be run according to all Michigan whitetail deer seasons during the 2008 calendar year (including youth, early, and late seasons). The picture of your deer must be submitted no later than midnight January 3rd, 2009

Looks like early, late, whatever is good to go

·
Premium Member
31,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,058 Posts
Hey maybe casscityalum can bag a doe out his dorm window next weekend and get you guys on the board....Oops, forgot, they won't come near the dorm without bait. Nevermind.:D:lol:
Hey Cass, never made it to the thumb. Stayed home and worked a JAKES/QDMA youth event in Bellevue.
Big T

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
big T- never had any bait out there last time..thinking of puting a trail camera out this year and seeing wuts around...but i dont live there anymore..my best shot is a coon or something in our dumpster..

oh im a combo and hunting in the slp with dsconnell, and srconnell on the same property but dsc is not starting untill week 3 or 4 and i can beat scotty anyday

·
Premium Member
31,058 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts