Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Allright guys I'm here. Lets do this thing.
Names Josh. Ill be mostly hunting public land In Oakland/Lapeer County with a bow. I know lucky me huh?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello all, my name is Andy and I will be bowhunting private ground in Isabella county, public ground in Mason county and rifle hunting in the UP.;)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Hi,

My name is Tim I live and hunt in northeast Newaygo county. I hunt all private land lot's of deer not the greatest quality of bucks. I will be hunting with a bow only for the contest. I have never hunted in 30 years of bowhunting without success so I will definitely be putting some point's on the board. Hope to hear about some names maybe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Jeff here! I will be hunting when ever and where ever I can. I may even quit my real job just for season. Mostly hunting private Calhoun turf. A little Lexington, Evart, Dexter and Illinois mixed in. Looking forward to a big season on the winning team. Anybody scouted out any Big Boys yet?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Whats up guys! Names Brennen will be gun/bow hunting Private land in Livingston county. Headin out to pick up my antlerless tag for the early season right now.:woohoo1:10 days and I'll be sittin in my favorite seat. Good luck to all

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hello fellas, my name is Tony i'll be hunting a very large tract of private land in Gladwin Co and also some public land in Gladwin..Have'nt got any "huge" bucks on cameras but alot of "nice shooters", hopefully we can bring home the "Gold"...

Good luck to all and shoot straight!!!! C"mon Oct 1st....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Name is Scott...and I'm hunting with bow for the contest. Own 40acres and lease another 80 in Arenac county. All private around me and most of the property owners are pretty selective these days....there are some good ones around. Unfortunately I'll miss the week just prior to rifle....I'll be in Manitoba the 10th-15th :evilsmile

·
Registered
141 Posts
They must of screwed up putt'in this team together. Winner, winner venison dinner!

And no Josh, I did'nt really notice where you were hunting and it does'nt look like any of us are short on good areas. And we still have one member to sign in. Probably hunts his own 5,000 acre apple orchard/ceder swamp/river bottom/oak stand property that butts up to a wildlife preserve in Deerheaven, Michigan. Come on Sam!!!!!

Maybe we should have are own little team contest. You know, so we can actually enjoy some competition.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hey Jeff where do you hunt in the Evart area private or public, thats where i got my feet wet in deer hunting..We hunted off off 110th ave on the public land there...

Just wondering dont want no specifics...just curious..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I try to get up there at least one or two weekends a year. I also got my feet wet on the public land off 110th and 15 Mile. My family has a cottage on Little Long Lake. Started there when I was 10 with pops.. Never missed a year. That place is "Tradition" to me. Did you have a place up there or were you camping back in there? Even though we had a cabin, we camped most of the time. Not really camping when you have a shower, crapper and TV right up the road, but it made it more like hunt'in. Awesome country.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Name is Sam. I hunt all over, some in Marquette and Alger County, Presque Ilse county, Grand Traverse County, Ingham, and Antrim County. I am lucky, I get to go all over and hunt. Some public land but mostly private. Hunt a QDM program in some locations. Bowhunt and Rifle hunt. I will check in on here a lot, these contests are lots of fun. I would be willing to trade a hunt with one or more of you if anyone is interested in coming up here to the UP.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I try to get up there at least one or two weekends a year. I also got my feet wet on the public land off 110th and 15 Mile. My family has a cottage on Little Long Lake. Started there when I was 10 with pops.. Never missed a year. That place is "Tradition" to me. Did you have a place up there or were you camping back in there? Even though we had a cabin, we camped most of the time. Not really camping when you have a shower, crapper and TV right up the road, but it made it more like hunt'in. Awesome country.
Jeff we just had "our" traditional camping area that we stayed every year, like everyone else had that we all became friends over the yrs..Sure do miss the area we took alot of nice deer out of there,i've only been back once since my dad died in 93' and killed a huge 6pt with an 18 inch spread and he was 41/2 yrs old...

It's nice to see someone on here that also got there feet wet in the same area.....Good luck this yr...

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Some of the names have been really lame, let's go for one that's not so cheesy. Off the top of me head I don't have any ideas, whoops. I am going to spend most of the weekend getting things set, I have 5 stands I want to set here in the UP, will be lucky if I get 3 of them done. I might even consider baiting, or rather getting ready to bait, in one spot. I don't normally bait at all until december, but I want to get my little 15 year old sidekick into a deer, and I might want to video it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm drawing a blank at the moment but I'll think a little harder.....

I'll be hanging some stands this weekend also...well, actually move a couple and hang 2 new ones. Make a couple repairs on a rifle shack, clean up the trailer, fill propane tanks, check the foodplots. Yeah the weekend is full of work....:dizzy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I thought up a couple team names....

Team Mount It!
Team Chase'in Tail
Team Buck Off !!!
Team Buck Naked
Team Stuffed Animal
Team Size Matters
Team Hang'Em High
Team Eight Minus The Bait
Team #14 C.W.D. (Club Whitetail Down!)
Team One for the road
Team Nice Spread
Team Gapping, Sucking Chest Wound

I should have pics to go with most of these. I would be happy to put something together.:evilsmile I promise it wont be cheesy or lame Sam.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Did some more scouting and put up a ladder stand last night, saw couple does. The acorns are heavy in my woods so late season is gonna be a blast.

I liked these off the list

Team Chase'in Tail
Team Buck Off !!!
Team Buck Naked
Team Stuffed Animal
Team Size Matters
Team Hang'Em High
Team One for the road

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I hung a new stand up last weekend. Just set up a trail cam at that same location. Its on public land in Oakland County so lets hope they last.

My vote for team name is.Team Chasin Tail

1 - 20 of 37 Posts