Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know all the breeds but will do my best. Good luck to everyone and thanks for supporting the Michigan Chapters of the Ruffed Grouse Society.

Time

8:30am
Reid/Paul
Lareau/Major Pointer

9:00am
MacMaster Mrs./Storm ES
Hadrich/Duane ES

9:30am
Steele, Jason/Brutus GSP
Sorah/Jack ES

10:00am
Hockey/Fancy Pointer
Stephens/Chip ES

10:30am
McDonald/Reed ES
Fischer/Dodger WPG

11:00am
Heller, Fritz/Bella Lab (2007 Michigan Gun Dog of the Year)
Cherry/Brandy Springer

11:30am
Heller, Ric/Jones Lab
Cuneo/Cisco Lab

1:00pm
Heller, Fritz/Hilde Lab
Heller, Ric/Duece Lab

1:30
Fischer/Rip Pointer
Hadrich/Owen ES

2:00
Kaufman/Cowboy Pointer
Strouse/Jezzie ES (2005/2006 Michigan Gun Dog of the Year)

2:30
Steele,Scott/Abby GSP
Ritter/Sadie GSP

3:00
Montney/Heidi GSP
McDonald/Kate ES

Judges: Ken Moss, Dave Lloyd

Approx 190 different dogs competed in 7 regional trials, Robert J Lytle, LeGrand Traverse, Gaylord, Petosky, Lansing, Tri County, and North Central Michigan Chapter Fun Trials. Dogs placing in the top four at one of the Regional Trials recieved an invite to the Gun Dog of the Year Trial.

This Trial is hosted by the Gaylord Chapter and will be Run this Saturday Sept 13th at:

Montney Farms
6380 S. Cornwell Ave
Clare, MI 48617

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Good Luck to Team Red and all the qualifiers. This should be a fun event.

For those who would like to see all the major birddog breeds in action in the field and talk with their owners, this event is a golden opportunity.;)

NB

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
2:00
Kaufman/Cowboy Pointer
Strouse/Jezzie ES (2005/2006 Michigan Gun Dog of the Year)
Mr. Strouse has both a setter and a pointer but I'm pretty sure that Jezzie is his pointer. I'm also sure that it was his pointer that won the RGS gun dog of the year in 2005/2006 (and maybe even '03-'04?).

At any rate, best of luck to everybody and Major and I will see you Saturday.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. Strouse has both a setter and a pointer but I'm pretty sure that Jezzie is his pointer. I'm also sure that it was his pointer that won the RGS gun dog of the year in 2005/2006 (and maybe even '03-'04?).

Thanks for the correction, Jezzie is a Pointer, she won in 05 and 06, I know this as the cup sits in my office right now.:lol:

Should be a good time, praying for some cool temps and some moisture on the ground.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hadrich/Duane ES
Duane...is not a ES. His dog "Joe" is though...lol

Thanks, for posting the times Fritz...I'm just busting your chops.

I'd sure like to ride up with Duane and watch the trial...but, I have to much to do this weekend. Been goofing off for to long now and it's just about "go" time.

Good luck, to everyone that has qualified.

But, I have to root for Duane and his two setters (Joe and Owen) since he's a home town favorite...and he's part of our chapter.

Go get'm Duane!

Brian. ( aka - twosetters)

Brian.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Wish I could be there guys....
We are moving into the new house on Saturday. Got to get the move in before the season starts...

Best of luck to everyone.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
But I have an art festival to take photos at, a youth fun hunt in Alba to take photos at, and a cabin to clean...

I know a lot of the people running, too, but I'll be rooting for Martha and Cowboy, I know how hard she's worked with that dog. Martha is my art director at the office.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
But I have an art festival to take photos at, a youth fun hunt in Alba to take photos at, and a cabin to clean...

I know a lot of the people running, too, but I'll be rooting for Martha and Cowboy, I know how hard she's worked with that dog. Martha is my art director at the office.
I walked Cowboy's brace at the TC trial this spring and was very impressed.

·
Registered
290 Posts

I'm not certain but I think Jezzie is his younger pointer, not the one that won previously.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I'm not certain but I think Jezzie is his younger pointer, not the one that won previously.
Hmm. I'll ask tomorow but I'm pretty sure he only has one pointer, and as of a few weeks ago, two setters.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hilde maybe a scratch.

Two days ago the wife decided to give each of my dogs a "grocery store bone" one of these chewy something sweet in the middle.

Well I came home yesterday to Hilde's kennel full of a large "pile" of "mud" and three smaller spots of barf.

Last night she had some watery discharge with blood, but no more upchuck. This morning she is having more runs - she is drinking water and acting normal. Temp at 2am was 101.6, temp at 8am this morning was 101.1 - her nose is wet but warm, it was a bit cooler this morning.

A quick call to Dr. Mac this morning and we have her on a course of pepto, chicken noodle soup for dinner, and will see what happens.

She is a game time decision.

I have zero expectations, the minute you do, is the minute you get your ass handed to you; an awful lot of really good dogs going out tomorrow, everything has to come together for a good run. Should be a fun day none the less. My dogs are not great heat dogs, nor are they great humidity dogs.

But right now my concern is for my dog, and making sure she is healthy.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
We are going through that today. I am watching a clients dog for a week, and she insists on some canned food to "suppliment" her labs already voracious appetite. Well, the can fell off the counter, and before I could get there, my son's dog happily cleaned up the mess.

My place musta looked like yours. But this dog was loose in the house.

Thank god I have a Bissel Green Machine. The pooch was up all night with frequent trips outside last night. At least I know there is no blockage, but sometimes when they get something they are not used to, there is heck to pay. Same symptoms as Hilde. So heres hoping for a quick recovery. ;)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts

Two days ago the wife decided to give each of my dogs a "grocery store bone" one of these chewy something sweet in the middle.

We I came home yesterday to Hilde's kennel full of a large "pile" of "mud" and three smaller spots of barf.

Last night she had some watery discharge with blood, but no more upchuck. This morning she is having more runs - she is drinking water and acting normal. Temp at 2am was 101.6, temp at 8am this morning was 101.1 - her nose is wet but warm, it was a bit cooler this morning.

Dad gummed Wimmin anyhoooo....

Around the Bumpo Ranch "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is always looking to give Team Pocket Rocket some little goodie or treats or something.:rolleyes: And I've explained why thats not a good idea 1001 times.We're giving big bux to provide a complete and balanced diet for the guys.
Sometimes some pretty innocent food item can upset a dogs stomach.:(

MS mojo to Hilde. Its a really short run so hopefully she can go.

NB

1 - 20 of 29 Posts