Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from our 2nd annual Muzzle Loader hunt in Missouri and wanted to post the pics from our hunt in 2007 and 2008. The first pic is of memeber Power Trip with his 12 pt monster he shot last Friday. The buck has 26" beams, 7" bases , and 13" G2's and scores well over 170 net. The buck was aged at 5.5 yrs. The second pic is of me with the buck I shot on the exact same day a year earlier. It is a 21 pt with 24" beams, 8" bases, and 13" G2 and 11" brow tine and weighed 265 lbs. The buck was aged at 9.5 yrs. It amazing what type of deer they have down their. We were right on the Iowa border in NE Missouri. The 2 deer were shot with in 4 miles of each other. This year I had my chances a big bucks but never closed the deal. On average we were seeing 5 to 10 bucks a day.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unguided private land. Amazingly enough both deer were shot from the ground.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
LOL, add these to the list of awesome bucks we all shoot in...well basically any other state but MI. Sad to say but sooooo true. Especially when our state has the same or better potential then these other states. Nice animals.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Nice bucks guys.....If you have any opening to hunt out there,,,I'm available....just so you know:lol:.......Mack

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree Michigan has excellent potential but way to much pressure and the lack of a widespread QDM. Dont get me wrong I love hunting Michigan but it does not compare to other states. I would have to say that the average score of a 5+ year old buck in Michigan would be 140+ and a lot higher in certain big buck areas. I know this to be true just based off our property in Lewiston which is not known for big bucks but we manage 350 acres and over the last 10 years we have been starting to shoot 4 - 5 yr old deer that score well over 135. This year a buck that will score of 160 was taken with in 5 miles of our property by a close friend. Let them Go, Let them Grow

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah I saw one on the buck poll in lewiston that was 4.5 to 5.5 that would have scored that. Real nice ten it might have even went 150.

·
Registered
223 Posts
RP2......awesome bucks for sure. On your buck, did he have any damage to his left side? The sizes of the antlers between the left and the right are dramatically different. Just wondering. Again excellant deer and "gulp" i am jealous.:gaga:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PioneerMoose,
Your right the left antler has much longer tines but the DNR figured it was just a age thing. Its tought to tell but the right antler has 8 typical points the only problem is 4 of them are between 1 1/2 in 2 1/2" I wish both scored like the left antler 88 3/8 net. The right scored 77 1/8. The weirdest thing about the buck was the spread, it only has a 12 4/8 inside spread.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey Powertrip did they give you an approximate date when you will have the mount?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts