Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one of these boats? I'm interested in your experiences. Looking at possibly getting a used 2006 with 150HP Yamaha VMax. Before I drive all the way to Ohio, I'd like any input you may have. Price is great.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
arguably the best built 'light' alume out there(heavier alums alumaweld,habercraft etc not included)......hull, much like alumacraft, a tad on the slow side......
Built by Yamaha boat co. so they generally stand behind their product.
I am unsure of the layout in an 06 model..had use of 2012 model for near 2 months..with the exception of the layout it performed admirably(I hate top loaded gunnel rod boxes and storage)!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i may pass. Not sold on the Yahama Vmax 2-stroke. Would prefer a 4-stroke. The way my 40HP Johnson 2-stroke sucks gas, I can only imagine how much this would.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
arguably the best built 'light' alume out there(heavier alums alumaweld,habercraft etc not included)......hull, much like alumacraft, a tad on the slow side......
Built by Yamaha boat co. so they generally stand behind their product.
I am unsure of the layout in an 06 model..had use of 2012 model for near 2 months..with the exception of the layout it performed admirably(I hate top loaded gunnel rod boxes and storage)!
What is the difference between a "light" aluminum and a "heavy" and which brands are which. I am in the market too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna go with fiberglass instead with a four stroke motor. Need to find something under 10K 16 1/2 ft. to 18 ft. Possibly a early 2000's Tuffy or Warrior. I am unsure what the "light" vs "heavy" comment meant as the G3 is built with same hull thickness and weighs 50lbs more than the comparable Alumacraft Trophy 165 Sport. Maybe it has nothing to do with weight:dizzy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts