Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was thinking of buying a used sled just to mess around up north on my property, but have a question. I have been hearing alot of talk about how the new EPA regulations will effectively ban 2 stroke dirt bikes from government trails in 2006. How is this going to effect the snowmobiling industry? Will current sleds become obselete? i have noticed a couple of manufacturers claiming to make 2 strokes that comply with the 2006 regs, but will the old motors be grandfathered in?

Thanks for the help, I just don't want to spend the money, and be stuck with a sled I can't ride anywhere in a a couple of years.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would just buy a machine and not worry too much about it. The worst that will happen is they will not let the MFG build the machines anymore, they will NEVER tell you that you cannot operate your machine because they raised the bar.

Another thing to consider is how efficient the NEWER 2 stroke machines are getting, ill bet by 2006 Ski-Doos' two stroke will have better emissions that some of the 4 stroke machines.

oooh yeah, one more thing, buy a Ski-Doo and you will always be happy;)

Swole~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts