Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are different reasons to hunt. Of course, one of my greatests passions is the one on one personal pursuit of "trophy bucks". In PA I love the hunting tactics, rolling mature hardwoods, camp life, etc. WI it's a few friends and lot of serious mature buck hunting. In the U.P. it's the management of the land and herd as well as all the natural beauty. When it's all said and done though you are left with some outstanding memories that last a lifetime and this picture is an example of what truly matters to me. My dad, my son, the U.P., and a buck I had several pictures of and spent quite a bit of time on the property.

It is great pursuing all those mature bucks in several states, but I'm am extremely thankful for the brief moment captured by this picture and if you can tell by the smiles...it was truly a moment to last a lifetime for all three generations.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Awesome photo. That's definitely one to get enlarged for the wall

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
What a great shot Jeff - super photo - a wall hanger for sure - both the buck and that picture !!!!!

Just how cool is that? The coolest that's how cool !

ferg....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Cool pic, Jeff! Hopefully in the near future we will have a little guy of our own to join pictures with my Dad and I! Good stuff!

·
Registered
188 Posts
A great photo for sure. I have 3 young boys of my own to bring up in the hunting tradition of my family and camp. I have ababy daughter too and you never know, she may want to hunt. She will certainly be exposed to it!

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's one case where the picture should be hung on the wall before the deer!! We're all envious, not just about the deer but mostly about the chance for a photo like that.

Don't worry about the daughter BlockBud, if you get her early she'll be right there with the boys come hunting time, just like mine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great pic! Nothing better than sharing a special moment with family. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Well said and well done! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
thats for sure what its all about.That deer is secondary to the memories that picture will generate.I'm sure there a lot of good stories that have been shared between you and your pop.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is what its really all about. Remember, as you grew and were able to out-hunt your Dad. Your son, someday, will do the same. Nice. Very nice.

sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts