Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys, I NEED to sell this truck to pay for my new one! If the person buying it says a person from this site referred them, I will give YOU(the referer) $100 (and sure, you could refer yourself! lol I'll still give ya the $100)...plus the site gets another $100 from my pocket! Let's get some money for our site and sell this truck!

I originally bought this truck after it was partially repaired from an accident. The title is clear and repairs have been finished and tested for safety. I’m driving this as my primary vehicle for the past year so I can fix any issues that may come up…no issues exist currently. In Jan ‘04 I performed the following services: Front end alignment, Replaced the rear ABS sensor and the right front ABS sensor; New Gear Lube in the Rear Differential. All general maintenance performed regularly.

Electronic 4X4 (2 wheel, 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low switch) – works flawlessly in all gears and speeds
Teal exterior with gray trim, NO RUST
Tan interior with gray trim, minor wear
4.0L V-6 EFI SOHC – 200 HP
Automatic with overdrive (OD can be turned on/off)
51,500 miles
16-19 mpg city and highway mixed driving
Anti-lock disc brakes (front and rear)
Dual front Air Bags
Towing package
Leather Quad seating – very little wear – conditioned regularly
Rear seats fold down for extra cargo room
Air conditioning
AM/FM single CD player
Rear seating air controls and radio controls
Aluminum Custom Rims
Luggage rack
Privacy glass
Cruise control
Tilt steering wheel
Power steering, windows, mirrors, driver seat, door locks
Electronic keyless entry keypad on drivers door
Electronic sliding Sunroof/Moonroof
Fog lights
Running boards
Rear wiper/washer
Good Tires with Full size spare (mounted under vehicle)

1) Used Car Buyers Guide Pricing: www.theautochannel.com
---------------------------Wholesale:-------------------Retail:
Base price:----------------$12,730---------------------$14,670
Price with options/mileage: $15,340---------------------$18,110

2) Kelly Blue Book Pricing: www.kbb.com
Private Party Value: Good condition - $12,365

3) NADA Appraisal Guides: www.nadaguides.com
-----------------------------Avg. Trade-in---------------Avg. Retail
Base price:-------------------$11,200------------------$13,600
Price w/options and mileage: $12,275------------------$14,925

Asking Price: $10,500 obo

Call Ben @ (269)849-3284

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

It's hard to tell, but the front right headlight is discolored from water getting inside it...it still works fine though and you cannot tell any difference when the lights are on at night! This is a great running truck, and I'd keep it, but cannot afford the payments on the new truck and pay insurance on two trucks! :eek:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Have you trailered much with it and what? If so how does it do performance wise? I cant tell weather or not if it has a reese hitch from the pics. My wife and I are looking for something like this, for her as a daily driver and for me when I have more than one fishing partner on the boat. I shall talk it over with her tonight. :eek:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never trailered with it so I cannot address that issue, IF it is a major concern for you, I can hook up my 19.5' Sea Nymph (which I pull no problem with my 93 GMC Jimmy 4.3L V-6) to the Explorer and pull it down the road for a while just to see how it handles...it does NOT have a reese hitch...it has a bumper hitch that looks like the previous owner used it, but the ball is in good shape and not rusty at all. The ball will stay with the truck! The plug in for lights is the flat type and is hard mounted to the underside of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I can't say how big or how heavy of boat you wanna haul...but I can say that I hauled a 22 foot 3500 lb. Reinell all last year with a Ranger 4x4 4.0 L cam in block engine (only 165 hp) and had no problems even in the hills on M55 into Manistee...Kinda looked like a monkey blanking a golf ball but it did it...and at 200,000 miles no less...Anybody looking for a SUV that passes this deal up is missing the boat....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one wants to make an easy $100???

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody want to make $200 cash?!!! :eek:

FIND ME A BUYER for this truck and it's yours when the deal goes through!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I will try to find you a buyer. The only thing that concerns me is that it used to have a salvage title. Otherwise I would try to sell my 2002 VW Jetta and buy your truck for myself(and have some extra cash for the extra insurance cost );)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
romayer,

Salmonslayer does not say it ever had a salvage title..it has a clear title...if a vehicle has been totaled in this state once it gets a salvage title is always salvage..no changing it..this truck is also still entitled to a 6 year 100,000 mile rust through warranty and a an 8 year 80,000 mile warranty on the computer that controls the engine/transmission and on the catalytic converter....Abd a person can buy an extended warranty on it through most any dealer in the state... If I could use this truck I'd buy it but with 6 kids I need a school bus lol....

P.S. Better get a for sale sign in that Jetta....

lkmi

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lkmifisherman is correct...on all accounts. Title never has been salvage...listed warranty from Ford still applies...and I have received numerous offers in the mail for extended warranty coverage from third party programs.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Salmonslayer,

It looks like I misinterpreted your initial posting. And you're right, I should get a "for sale sign" for my Jetta... Still, my hunting and fishing wasn't enough for my wife to accept increased insurance payments and double the money spent on gas. :mad: With kids in the near future, that's a better opportunity to make the swap.

PS It looks like lkmi hopes to get the $100 if he helps you sell the Explorer ;)

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
You might wanna consider running it by a Used Ford Dealer, and at least get it appraised or see what they'd give ya for it. The problem that ya run into, trying to sell it to a private individual is,, their less likely to have a 5 digit, checking or savings account. Ya never know at a dealer, they might be in a good mood or just happen to "need" one of those vehicles or know someone who does. Or, if you're not driving it,, see if you can leave it at the dealership on consignment, tell them what ya need for it and say you'll leave it there for a week.

PS. The dealer does not need to know, it was in an accident or any repairs you might have done on it.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
As a consumer warning I would recommend you consult w/your local dealer or repairer on any extended warranty. Quite frankly many of the "warrantys" you receive in the mail are from independent warranty companies and while they may advertise their accepted at thousands of facilities nationwide the reality is most dealers only accept what they sell. I say this based on personal knowledge as I have worked as a service manager, service advisor and as a technician in Ford Dealerships since 1987.
Quite frankly aftermarket warranties were such a hassle to deal with that the dealerships I have experience with all chose not to accept any of them and advised the customer up front that we would expect payment at the time services were rendered. They would then pursue their warranty company for reimbursement. Additionally be very cautious about any aftermarket warranty you purchase, wording under coverage for the engine stating "Any externally lubricated seals" for example is common as being listed as a covered part. Now ask yourself, how many externally lubricated seals are you aware of on an engine? Exactly, so what does that mean? Well you'd have no coverage for a valve cover gasket or an internal transmisson seal that failed & caused your transmission to burn up, thus no coverage for the damage that resulted. These are actual situations I personally have had to deal with.
Believe me, it's hard to remain professional when you have a nitwit who dumped $1500 on a warranty from some company who he bought their whole sales pitch and now I'm standing there telling them it's not covered and they blame me & want me to get that warranty company on the phone & get it covered.
As always it's buyer beware on anything but hopefully this information will at least trigger a person to evaluate & maybe ask detailed questions before spending money on a warranty and a then finding out they have to shell out for a repair & then try to get reimbursed from a company that you live no where near & only communicate w/by phone.
I'm sure there are many reputable warranty companies out there but be informed, ask detailed questions before you enter into a contract. :cool:

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
I shopped your truck around quite a bit today,,, hardly even got a nibble.:rolleyes: Ya need 2 more doors on that thing. Nobody wants to even look at a 2 door.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sell this truck and $500 cash is in your pocket!

-OR-

if YOU buy it, knock $500 off the price after our negotiations

MUST SELL QUICKLY!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts