Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
Since we are sharing good deals, Aventuron has Simms wading jackets on sale. 2 models normally about $500 are $350 and $300. I made the mistake of buying a wading jacket from Orvis a few years ago, somehow I assumed it was breathable. It is not. That needs to be replaced.

·
Banned
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Simms are made in USA as well.
Since we are sharing good deals, Aventuron has Simms wading jackets on sale. 2 models normally about $500 are $350 and $300. I made the mistake of buying a wading jacket from Orvis a few years ago, somehow I assumed it was breathable. It is not. That needs to be replaced.
I don’t like the cut of Simms wading jackets. They’re too bulky and have weird edges with a monster hood that can fit two normal heads.

I’m a huge fan of the Patagonia River Salt

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I don’t like the cut of Simms wading jackets. They’re too bulky and have weird edges with a monster hood that can fit two normal heads.

I’m a huge fan of the Patagonia River Salt

I have a Simms jacket as well. I'm a little guy and the angle of the pockets bugs me. I don't know what they were thinking. Par for the course though. I have a hard time finding anything to fit me correctly. My Simms G3's don't fit all that well and my wading boots are a Woman's size 9. Apparently Fly Fishing Apparel manufacturers think all men skip Kids sizes and go right up to the average 5'-9" size male. lol

One of my Guide friends has a set of Patagonia waders and I really like the design. Another swears by Sitka. Next time I'm in the market I plan on checking those out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.