Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

Β·
Registered
16,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#s that is.. My buck dressed at 210#s my biggest by over 50#s not too even mention his horns.. 5" bases, 17 1/4" outside spread and carried his mass throughout. Didn't get a good shot of that 😀 will when I get em back from butcher before taxidermist.

Here's where I was lucky enough to sit where the owner is a farmer and kind enough to let us hunt there. Too the left of picture there's a pond all along whole edge of pond the little scrub brush tree's are either shredded or snapped 😲 out front is a hard wood section that stretched 300 yards or so, loaded with big oaks. Could shoot 137 yards "if" needed..
Sky Leaf Tree Shade Automotive mirror

This next pic is looking right from blind (south)
Where buck came from last year paces from the blind and from behind us.. The hardwoods funnels down into nothing and into the corn.. Funnel if I've ever seen one πŸ˜‰ I told Keith (guide) I was sitting with. Cool kid, stoner good kid ! 🀣 we have a good time together. If I owned the property or could always hunt and a walking fella my stand would be 50 yards from that edge of corn and into the hardwoods just enough to shoot field and woods..
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

We hunted Thursday am and seen deer. All does and most small. Ton of 90-110# does it seems. Like there's almost TOO many, all seem the same size. As I've said same previous years.

We get to the blind MINUTES before a downpour Thursday afternoon.. I was leaving trackasorous back at the cabin- sleeping head quarters because we wouldn't fit in the blind. As well as what we had to go through in the truck to get back to where we were... I got there Thursday evening at 4:30 or so and put "er" to use catching these damn near every cast! Little, but fun anyways. And all the guys know me well enough now that they knew that's 1st place I was headed. Thanks to you gents it's a whole HELL OF A LOT EASIER too wheel from cabin and around an acre pond with trackasorous!!
Water Plant Lake Body of water Fisherman

Oh yeah back too afternoon.... after it downpoured for a bit it stopped and got dead calm. Perfect!!
I was telling Keith whole time we sat there somethings coming out of that corn. Has too.
Same little doe that we've seen 3 times now comes out and beds 50 yards or so from us.
She gets up eventually and heads into hardwoods. Not to long after a BIG doe comes from left, she's big. If I wanted to shoot a doe the 1st night she would've got it. Keith thought I should've. No, no way, not here, not 1st night..
It was fading light by now and those 2 were it.
C'mon gotta be something more and outta corn........

"Deer lotta deer" Keith is looking at corner where corn is. BUCK, BIG BUCK !!! Right outta the corn 20 yards or so down from hardwoods.
3 does and him following. I spun around got set up on sticks. He's on a trot, stop em Keith, stop em. Blehhh, Blehhh,.. nothing still trotting, tell em LOUDER blehhhh, he stops and looks directly at tent.. I was kinda looking at his head for a millisecond, down to shoulder my crosshairs went. Thought he was quartering slightly, put it midway on shoulder thought I'd break em both. BANG, he mule kicks and I watch em take it but not fall, bulldoze......
Let the shakes begin !!!! I had no ide how big he was. I don't look at the antlers after I know I'm shooting..
We hugged, highfive, all that good ****... sit for about 30 minutes. I told Keith he ain't but 40 yards in there. No way, he's piled up after that.

3 other guy's were on there way to help Keith when he did find em. This is when I wish I did bring trackasorous to track ! (It'll happen at home dudes ;) )
Anyways I wheeled across the hay-clover field
and sat at the edge of the hardwoods. The deer wasn't 40 yards, not 50 yards, not 60 yards, not 70...... other guy's got there. They went in. Just like everytime I'm balling, I mean not just a little cry, I'm sobbing like a little bitch (swear I'm tough) there's just something that happens when I'm not tracking and knowing whats happening... not sure I'll ever get over it..time will tell...
They're out 125 yards or so and I see lights get closer, see 2 lights right next to each other and they're dragging 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 !!!!

They say "Thought you shot a big buck?, might be some shrinking when ya see em"

Here's the shots the minutes I got my hands on em.
Head Eye Deer Hat Flash photography

Hunting Eye Trophy hunting Elk Smile

I was absolutely stoked πŸ€ŸπŸ»πŸ€™πŸΌ!! By far my biggest buck.

The stuff these people do for us is incredible.
Feed us (like pigs) house us, gut our deer, drag our deer and take time out of thier schedule to do so. And they're all hunters !!

Here's a few more shots when home and at butcher's. He's as big as when I laid my hands on em still !! And all I had to do the rest of the time was fish and give rides on trackasorous and carry on with my friends, friends I'll have until God says so..and friends I've only gotten closer with over the last 5 years at this wonderful place !
Leg Wood Working animal Road surface Thigh

Plant Tree People in nature Grass Leisure

Footwear Jeans Shoe Leg Flooring

Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Wheel

Clothing Jeans Table Shoe Furniture

Long read.... sorry gents.

Β·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Long read, not long enough incredible.. Congratulations on a awesome deer.. 2md pic of him is awesome head tilt serves him well

Β·
Registered
1,135 Posts
#s that is.. My buck dressed at 210#s my biggest by over 50#s not too even mention his horns.. 5" bases, 17 1/4" outside spread and carried his mass throughout. Didn't get a good shot of that 😀 will when I get em back from butcher before taxidermist.

Here's where I was lucky enough to sit where the owner is a farmer and kind enough to let us hunt there. Too the left of picture there's a pond all along whole edge of pond the little scrub brush tree's are either shredded or snapped 😲 out front is a hard wood section that stretched 300 yards or so, loaded with big oaks. Could shoot 137 yards "if" needed.. View attachment 792760
Where buck came from last year paces from the blind and from behind us.. The hardwoods funnels down into nothing and into the corn.. Funnel if I've ever seen one πŸ˜‰ I told Keith (guide) I was sitting with. Cool kid, stoner good kid ! 🀣 we have a good time together. If I owned the property or could always hunt and a walking fella my stand would be 50 yards from that edge of corn and into the hardwoods just enough to shoot field and woods..
View attachment 792761

We hunted Thursday am and seen deer. All does and most small. Ton of 90-110# does it seems. Like there's almost TOO many, all seem the same size. As I've said same previous years.

We get to the blind MINUTES before a downpour Thursday afternoon.. I was leaving trackasorous back at the cabin- sleeping head quarters because we wouldn't fit in the blind. As well as what we had to go through in the truck to get back to where we were... I got there Thursday evening at 4:30 or so and put "er" to use catching these damn near every cast! Little, but fun anyways. And all the guys know me well enough now that they knew that's 1st place I was headed. Thanks to you gents it's a whole HELL OF A LOT EASIER too wheel from cabin and around an acre pond with trackasorous!!
View attachment 792764

Oh yeah back too afternoon.... after it downpoured for a bit it stopped and got dead calm. Perfect!!
I was telling Keith whole time we sat there somethings coming out of that corn. Has too.
Same little doe that we've seen 3 times now comes out and beds 50 yards or so from us.
She gets up eventually and heads into hardwoods. Not to long after a BIG doe comes from left, she's big. If I wanted to shoot a doe the 1st night she would've got it. Keith thought I should've. No, no way, not here, not 1st night..

"Deer lotta deer" Keith is looking at corner where corn is. BUCK, BIG BUCK !!! Right outta the corn 20 yards or so down from hardwoods.
3 does and him following. I spun around got set up on sticks. He's on a trot, stop em Keith, stop em. Blehhh, Blehhh,.. nothing still trotting, tell em LOUDER blehhhh, he stops and looks directly at tent.. I was kinda looking at his head for a millisecond, down to shoulder my crosshairs went. Thought he was quartering slightly, put it midway on shoulder thought I'd break em both. BANG, he mule kicks and I watch em take it but not fall, bulldoze......
Let the shakes begin !!!! I had no ide how big he was. I don't look at the antlers after I know I'm shooting..
We hugged, highfive, all that good ****... sit for about 30 minutes. I told Keith he ain't but 40 yards in there. No way, he's piled up after that.

3 other guy's were on there way to help Keith when he did find em. This is when I wish I did bring trackasorous to track ! (It'll happen at home dudes ;) )
and sat at the edge of the hardwoods. The deer wasn't 40 yards, not 50 yards, not 60 yards, not 70...... other guy's got there. They went in. Just like everytime I'm balling, I mean not just a little cry, I'm sobbing like a little bitch (swear I'm tough) there's just something that happens when I'm not tracking and knowing whats happening... not sure I'll ever get over it..time will tell...
They're out 125 yards or so and I see lights get closer, see 2 lights right next to each other and they're dragging 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 !!!!

View attachment 792770
View attachment 792771

Feed us (like pigs) house us, gut our deer, drag our deer and take time out of thier schedule to do so. And they're all hunters !!

Here's a few more shots when home and at butcher's. He's as big as when I laid my hands on em still !! And all I had to do the rest of the time was fish and give rides on trackasorous and carry on with my friends, friends I'll have until God says so..and friends I've only gotten closer with over the last 5 years at this wonderful place !
View attachment 792772
View attachment 792773
View attachment 792774
View attachment 792775

View attachment 792777

Awesome buck and story congratulations!!

Β·
Registered
16,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found bullet, was quartering harder then thought. Went in mid shoulder came out back of opposite side lung and through liver. Not sure if I had Hornady black or Hornady brown box loaded. Clip was loaded already. The both shoot damn near same though accurate wise.
And also they all said hard blood to follow. Shot was only 80 or so so yards, no pass through.
And that's why when I shoot with a gun I will break them down, both shoulders!
Body jewelry Eyewear Gesture Finger Thumb

Β·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Absolutely incredible hunt! Congratulations!!

But I think after that buck you need a slight change to your chair nameβ€” I think it needs to now be called

T. RACKASAURUS!!!

Β·
Administrator
36,894 Posts

Here's where I was lucky enough to sit where the owner is a farmer and kind enough to let us hunt there. Too the left of picture there's a pond all along whole edge of pond the little scrub brush tree's are either shredded or snapped 😲 out front is a hard wood section that stretched 300 yards or so, loaded with big oaks. Could shoot 137 yards "if" needed.. View attachment 792760
View attachment 792761

View attachment 792764

View attachment 792770
View attachment 792771

View attachment 792772
View attachment 792773
View attachment 792774
View attachment 792775

View attachment 792777

Congrats. Awesome.

Reactions: LLSSt Clair

Β·
Administrator
18,595 Posts
Man! What a story! What a buck! Couldn't happen to a better man!
Congrats!!
<----<<<

1 - 20 of 107 Posts