Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a hunters paradise hunt anything from deer to turkey. For Sale is 20 acres all wooded excepted the 6 RYE fields we put in for deer hunting. This is PRIME land in Gladwin County. There is alot of deer and turkeys for the taking. The mobile home is a 1979 well taken care of home fully furnished. The inside is really nice, there is no musty smell like alot of older cabins. 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. There is a picture window out the front and out the back. There is a deck off the back door. The polebarn is 14 x 24 with 10' walls. The yards are real nice with grapes and apple trees that are bearing fruit. This is my dads place and has owned it for almost 30 years. There is nothing wrong with this place it is literally turn key and move in. All furniture is newer stull and not old junk! I have pics if you would like them let me know. THE ASKING PRICE IS $107,000. We are going to list with a realator at the end of the month so price will go up. If you or anyone you know is interested let me know and we can go from there. If it is sold from this site a donation will be made.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just bumping this back up. This is my dads property. (that would make steveboss my brother ;)). My dad will be listing it through a real estate at the end of the month. I have been hunting this property over 20 years and have taken lots and lots of deer. It really is a great place. The only reason he is selling is because he found 40 acres right next to Steveboss that he really likes. Steve wasn't kidding when he said its a hunters paradise!!!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Originally posted by steveboss
THE ASKING PRICE IS $107,000. We are going to list with a realator at the end of the month so price will go up.

I am confused. If you are askin 107 and have not sold it- why is the price going up just because you are listing it with a real estate agent--does that make it worth more???

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Originally posted by outdooralex
The only reason he is selling is because he found 40 acres right next to Steveboss that he really likes.
lwingwatcher,
Maybe he wants to clear 107,000 to pay for the other 40 acres, naturally if he listed it with a realtor there would be commission to pay, I would think that would explain the increase in the price.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ok, if he needs to clear 107 on the 20 (to buy the 40) he is still gonna hafta get more than that.

But, if his agent tells him to raise the price that buyers are gonna hafta pay --it is counter productive to the sale.

If it is worth 107 and it hasta be sold for over 116 to come up with the net he needs.....hmmmm....the buyer must not have a buyers agent looking out for him...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First off the property has been for sale during the worst two months for relastate to sell so we are not worried about selling right away. Second were we got the price from was the relastate minus their commision. Lastly all the people that looked at it never really complained about the price but said they would like to look again when the snow is gone(maybe its allittle early). This place will bring in the money that is asked. There is a price to pay for land and this will bring it and I am sorry you feel it is too high but that is what this piece will bring. If you seen this property you will see that it is a hunters dream. There will always be people that want something for nothing!!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hey, I have absolutely no clue what it is worth. I am not an expert on Gladwin area recreational property so, what would qualify me to provide any decent estimate of value. I do have a pretty good idea what the mobile is NOT worth--so, the ground has to be fairly pricey per acre.

I will also agree with you that this is not prime time to market recreational property anywhere so I understand your desire to give it a try on your own. Saves those darn real estate fees--they are generally the highest seller cost related to the sale of property.

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts