Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Ask that to one of those who died (or their family members) ?
hmmm. I wonder what other things people die from that family members would say it wasn't worth dying over. Probably everything.......

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ask that to one of those who died (or their family members) ?
I'm sure they would agree with you.
However I don't.
My mother died in a nursing home in July. And not from covid. After 2 months of sitting in her room and not being able to go to the cafeteria, activities, religious services or anything else she wasted away and died.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
However I don't.
My mother died in a nursing home in July. And not from covid. After 2 months of sitting in her room and not being able to go to the cafeteria, activities, religious services or anything else she wasted away and died.
Very sorry to hear about your mom's passing.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
No, no evidence. I just remember that it was expressed, at one time, that officials were amazed at the amount of people that had antibodies. There never was a number associated with it, that I know of. It would make sense that people scheduled to be vaccinated were tested for antibodies first, if it is indeed a significant number, then it would really speed this mess up.
I believe Oakland county had a test going early summer. I lost interest after reading they were questioning accuracy of the test. Like everything else associated with Rona, science got jacked.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Would it have been worth it if you had died from it?

Measuring what is avoided is fraught with speculation.
So why worry about measuring so much , as long as there are deaths that in theory can be reduced with simple measures.
You'd do it with livestock if you were raising some. Or maybe you wouldn't and just keep burying the weaker ones first. Then whichever succumbed next.
The value you assign to any one specimen after you lose it would be where you start to determine what effort to prevent the next one being lost comes in at as far as "worth".
"Simple measures"
You've got to be kidding me

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,430 Posts
Howdy-
Worth it for one life, especially if it's one of YOUR loved ones...
However I don't.
Seems some can't grasp, the non covid deaths caused by our response to covid. Both sides can claim the "death" argument, and be right.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
Seems some can't grasp, the non covid deaths caused by our response to covid. Both sides can claim the "death" argument, and be right.
I dont think anyone has said there was no change due to response. But there are people who think it is almost ALL due to response. THAT is delusional.

·
Registered
35,229 Posts
That is not 2%, that is 2/10 of 1%. That is how many people have died in Michigan. Is what we are doing worth it?
Another way to look at the covid numbers is:

1 out of less than 40 Michigan citizens who contract covid die from it. Many of those who died were early in the outbreak so things have gotten better. It appears things are working. Quite a few of my friends have received their first vaccine and I get my first shot tomorrow.

Reactions: Petronius

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Another way to look at the covid numbers is:

1 out of less than 40 Michigan citizens who contract covid die from it. Many of those who died were early in the outbreak so things have gotten better. It appears things are working. Quite a few of my friends have received their first vaccine and I get my first shot tomorrow.
A lot did die back in the spring. But going off the current tally of confirmed deaths, we’ve seen just as many die in Michigan since October 19 as we did before then. This fall/winter has also been rough.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.