Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
does it shy away from the clap of a 12 gauge on opening morning of duck season then you have to go find the stupid f###er hiding in the cattails? lol:banghead3

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
does it shy away from the clap of a 12 gauge on opening morning of duck season then you have to go find the stupid f###er hiding in the cattails? lol:banghead3
The guy is trying to find his dog a home.What kind of a response is that?Is that what you do with your dog on opening day of duck season?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Eddie, how about some additional details? A little more info may help you find a good home for him/her.

Why are you giving up the dog?
Disposition?
Any aggressive/submissive traits?
Training?
Does it hunt?
Indoor/outdoor dog?
Good with kids?
Good with othe dogs/cat/other pets?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've got the dog. He was honest about the issues and I am working with her.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was just joking, I wanted to know if its gun shy, or if he's hunted with it. But yeah it was a real experience, my brother's bud had a black lab that we took out opening day duck a few years ago. The first shot on the saginaw bay came from about 1/4 mile from us or so and the dog took off, we thought maybe she thought we shot but when he found it she was burrowed under a bunch of deadfall cattails. A major bummer when he had a good chunk of change invested into the dog. He's still got the dog but it has never kicked the gun shy stage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts