Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering what type of radios all u guys are using.. am goin "shoppin" this weekend and pickin up some more ice fishin gear cause i just cant seem to get up north and get all my gear i already have, bummer, guess i will have more huh..lol will be lookin to get out within the next day or 2 and see what happens, sounds like the fish are there, just got be on the ice to get em.. thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
fasteight,
I think any ole radio will work. Some have longer range than others. Most reach about 2 to 5 miles depending on the model.
I appropriated one of my girlfriends sons.
Redneck

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have gmrs, what about the code? mine is set to have channel and code or does that not seem to matter?

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
I have a pair of Motorola T-289's. They are great little radios ! They're FRS with about a 2 mile range but that's fine for on the ice. They've got lots of features and you can pick them up on ebay for around $30 a PAIR right now. They're even voice activated (VOX) if you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fasteight, I have been using the Garmin's rhino 2 ways. They are great. They have a built in GPS. With these if you are talking with someone else using one it can locate them and give you directions to get to them. I use the GPS to mark the hot spots to return next visit. They sell about $169 for the basic version and $249 for the upgrade that you can download lake maps on to.

Great for hunting or fishing because you no longer has to carry a GPS and a 2-way. Also you can have some find you without giving your location out loud or the radio.

-D

·
Registered
948 Posts
thanks for the reply

I will remember that, but tomorrow we are headed to Lake Simcoe. My husband called me at work and asked me if I wanted to go, come to find out he already booked the room before he called me.:)

I will give a report when we return--good fishing all!

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,361 Posts
I have a pr of "Bell South 2210" FRS , got 'em @ Kmart (kmart suxs, hehe) for $9 ea.
Walmart & Best Buy peddle the Uniden FRS for $17-$18 / Pr.
You can't go wrong for less than $20.00!
:eek: ;) :cool: :D :) :p
:D Robert :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
back in november i got 2 motorola t5710 5 mile range batterys, chargers, headsets, and replacement face plates from sams club for 49.99

1 - 13 of 13 Posts