Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off the lake today at 8:15 with a nice mess to clean........love the Gulp Alive minnows...

I had to order online at Gander a few weeks back as no one had any on the shelf, I guess they're becoming a favorite.

Still seeing fish in the shallows hovering around some beds, not sure if they are beginning, done or whatever. Haven't caught any fish with eggs so I'm guessing done?

So much fun on my super light lightweight rod.......

·
Registered
381 Posts
Meijers in Wixom has plenty of the 1" Gulp Alive minnows. Smelt, Emerald Shiner and Chartreuse. Loaded up this morning. They also have the Gulp Alive waxworms (love those as well). I know that you are in Genessee County but you might want to try your local Meijers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been using the panfish assassin minow in the 1 1/2" size. The kids have been doing great with it, we have been getting about ten to twenty fish per plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
You guys just fishing these under a bobber or reeling it in slowly? Lokks tasty to me too.:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys just fishing these under a bobber or reeling it in slowly? Lokks tasty to me too.:D
I do it both ways, in fact, my primary fishing method spring and fall is a 1/64 oz jig tipped with either a waxworm or gulp minnow.

Today I limited out again but this time used bobber, cast and retrieve, and fly rod.

I still got them in shallow water today but fewer fish for sure.

Seems the larger fish are moving out a bit now or I've caught them all :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good to know that Gulp makes a good blue gill bait. I can also recommend Charlie Brewer Sliders. I get the 1" grubs on line. They will not only catch gills, but perch, crappie and bass as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts