Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
But as you said in another thread, it's about building the channel, right? That's why your vids are posted on every waterfowl site you can find. How ya doin' on your other channel that you're building? The one with 30K subscribers?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV2miD06XDzTba5TXjkmWLg

And what's the Paypal and Patreon link on both channels for? How about the licensing of your vids you advertise?

Owning a couple businesses myself, I see no problem in making some dough, even if it's a side hustle. Why not throw Steve a bone and become a sponsor? You vids that were posted here have had double the views of your others. Again, it would be the stand-up thing to do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
But as you said in another thread, it's about building the channel, right? That's why your vids are posted on every waterfowl site you can find. How ya doin' on your other channel that you're building? The one with 30K subscribers?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV2miD06XDzTba5TXjkmWLg

And what's the Paypal and Patreon link on both channels for? How about the licensing of your vids you advertise?

Owning a couple businesses myself, I see no problem in making some dough, even if it's a side hustle. Why not throw Steve a bone and become a sponsor? You vids that were posted here have had double the views of your others. Again, it would be the stand-up thing to do.
Like I said before. I have no problem supporting this site when I start making money on that channel. As of now I have not made a penny.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Back to the video, I really liked the drone shot at the 19 second mark. Pretty cool looking at things from a duck's perspective. Wished that there was a little more of that footage.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Back to the video, I really liked the drone shot at the 19 second mark. Pretty cool looking at things from a duck's perspective. Wished that there was a little more of that footage.
Thanks. I can include more of this in future videos. Got to watch out whats in the background to not give away certain spots though.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Agreed. Wasn't asking for that.
Thanks. I can include more of this in future videos. Got to watch out whats in the background to not give away certain spots though.
I know exactly where you are, was hunting that area since late 80's along with other guys. Can't stop you but plastering with video over internet everyday is sort of bull&$(&. You'll learn when you grow up, hunting isn't about every day limits, but enjoying the outdoors. Laugh my a*& off if a few boats are out there crowding you out. Maybe I'll dust my gear off and go out to get my limit.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
I know exactly where you are, was hunting that area since late 80's along with other guys. Can't stop you but plastering with video over internet everyday is sort of bull&$(&. You'll learn when you grow up, hunting isn't about every day limits, but enjoying the outdoors. Laugh my a*& off if a few boats are out there crowding you out. Maybe I'll dust my gear off and go out to get my limit.
Which zone is it? Cuz I ain’t shootin squat round deez parts. Lol

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Page 25 of the waterfowl digest, one of the bullet points states it’s illegal to hunt with the aid of an aircraft. I’ve always wanted to use my drone to get a ducks eye view of decoys spreads but have always worried about getting a ticket for using it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Which zone is it? Cuz I ain’t shootin squat round deez parts. Lol
You guys apparently dont notice the date on these videos in the description. This video was from 11-6 when we had birds. Weve had the same birds for the last few weeks. Thats why im hoping this cold weather starts pushing them down again. Botiz: I asked the CO about the drone and he said not an issue to just film decoys. Now if your flying around scouting other areas or driving birds with it thats a big ticket, likely get shot out of the air by other hunters as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the drone footage, a bunch of us already know exactly where your spot is. We're planning an MS group hunt there next year. Probably during teal season and the week of the opener, hope to see you there!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I wouldn't worry too much about the drone footage, a bunch of us already know exactly where your spot is. We're planning an MS group hunt there next year. Probably during teal season and the week of the opener, hope to see you there!!
Thatd be great! I encourage more people to get out there. Its not like there is a shortage of spots to hunt. We do live in Michigan after all and are surrounded by water :)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts