Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Gary(BigShooter) this morning at around 8:00 ish to hit the water. No need to be there early, he said yesterday after his 45 minute limit, he told the rest he'd see them today and to wait for us! :lol: was a little slower between pods of fish, but lines in water around 9:00 and limit at 11:30. Cleared a side a time or 2, and all 6 lines once. Poor Gary was working hard while I had to steer and keep me and him both hydrated! Great day, too flat though. No bugs was a plus. 1.5 mph crawlers on bottom of sand point. 15-16 fow, 15-20" fish, good eaters! .
IMG_20190618_130404.jpg

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Good tag team effort Ralph. If we got off my line we had no fish. If we got anywhere near it you couldn't keep a line in the water. Fun times and good fishin!

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Sandwiches!!!!!

·
collector
4,437 Posts
Met up with Gary(BigShooter) this morning at around 8:00 ish to hit the water. No need to be there early, he said yesterday after his 45 minute limit, he told the rest he'd see them today and to wait for us! :lol: was a little slower between pods of fish, but lines in water around 9:00 and limit at 11:30. Cleared a side a time or 2, and all 6 lines once. Poor Gary was working hard while I had to steer and keep me and him both hydrated! Great day, too flat though. No bugs was a plus. 1.5 mph crawlers on bottom of sand point. 15-16 fow, 15-20" fish, good eaters! . View attachment 407963
Nice catch guys...

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Met up with Gary(BigShooter) this morning at around 8:00 ish to hit the water. No need to be there early, he said yesterday after his 45 minute limit, he told the rest he'd see them today and to wait for us! :lol: was a little slower between pods of fish, but lines in water around 9:00 and limit at 11:30. Cleared a side a time or 2, and all 6 lines once. Poor Gary was working hard while I had to steer and keep me and him both hydrated! Great day, too flat though. No bugs was a plus. 1.5 mph crawlers on bottom of sand point. 15-16 fow, 15-20" fish, good eaters! . View attachment 407963
Nice job Ralph.

Reactions: Ralph Smith

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got our 2 man in the same general area as Ralphie and Gary. Thanks for the heads up guys. Lines in @ 11:00, lines out @3:00. 1.5 SOG, 1/3 crawler on single hook a little off the bottom. Blue with silver and pink on pink seemed to be our best colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Good job eyes4me. Did you guys get a bunch of short fish on that line? We landed at least a half dozen short fish plus a couple of farm animals.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks Gary. We had 2 shorties, 2 sheep and 2 keepers that got off right behind the boat. :( That is the first time that I can recall that we've lost a fish that close to the net. The Bay is suppose to be calm again today. Not a 100% sure yet, but I'm think'n I may make a mad dash over there again today. :D

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice job Ralph.
It was all Gary...I just showed up with beer to keep me well oiled while chauffeuring him around catching fish..:lol:
Thanks Gary. We had 2 shorties, 2 sheep and 2 keepers that got off right behind the boat. :( That is the first time that I can recall that we've lost a fish that close to the net. The Bay is suppose to be calm again today. Not a 100% sure yet, but I'm think'n I may make a mad dash over there again today. :D
I think they were biting very light, and with that calm water, no help on the hooksets from the board surge in a little chop. We lost more before they got to boat than I can remember, just for no reason, came off. Hooks sharp as hell, got some blood to prove that.:lol: We would have been done in less than 2 hours if we caught them all. Seemed like nicer fish too(of course they always are, hahaha). I seriously think though that was the reason with such flat condtions and slow speeds. I'd guess 8 fish atleast, got a little frustrating, but they kept coming back for more. Glad you got into em with your son Bob :). Was you using all one hook harnesses? They seem to keep working great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It was all Gary...I just showed up with beer to keep me well oiled while chauffeuring him around catching fish..:lol:

I think they were biting very light, and with that calm water, no help on the hooksets from the board surge in a little chop. We lost more before they got to boat than I can remember, just for no reason, came off. Hooks sharp as hell, got some blood to prove that.:lol: We would have been done in less than 2 hours if we caught them all. Seemed like nicer fish too(of course they always are, hahaha). I seriously think though that was the reason with such flat condtions and slow speeds. I'd guess 8 fish atleast, got a little frustrating, but they kept coming back for more. Glad you got into em with your son Bob :). Was you using all one hook harnesses? They seem to keep working great.
Thank you for the explanation of why we might have lost those 2 at the boat. Seems reasonable. Yep, single hook on all my lines but I think Dan had 1 double hook harness on one of his lines.

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the explanation of why we might have lost those 2 at the boat. Seems reasonable. Yep, single hook on all my lines but I think Dan had 1 double hook harness on one of his lines.
Seems you lost a lot less on the single hooks. I was wondering if that for some reason they hold on better with one hook. Seems to for me, don't know why but it works.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Its cloudy out here on the point. Winds are light and out of the east. Depending how this system passes over you might be ok. I chose to stay in this morning because the wife is going home and I'm going to help her pack. Need to empty the freezers. Goog fishin!

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its cloudy out here on the point. Winds are light and out of the east. Depending how this system passes over you might be ok. I chose to stay in this morning because the wife is going home and I'm going to help her pack. Need to empty the freezers. Goog fishin!
I got some stuff I have to here now today. Figure I'd hang this way since I'll be there Mon./Tues. Good luck if you get out Gary, but I don't think you'll need it in that trout(walleye) pond you got..:lol:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
It's nice to be sitting here looking out the picture window with a cool morning breeze coming off the water sipping a Chelada deciding what I want to do after the wife leaves. Can't wait for retirement.

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's nice to be sitting here looking out the picture window with a cool morning breeze coming off the water sipping a Chelada deciding what I want to do after the wife leaves. Can't wait for retirement.
I might be able to slip out early this afternoon? :lol: I sent Bob a message, sounds like he's going out also. The guy I'm in tourney with is out of oxygen and waiting on it today, so he can't get out. Putting in a new fish finder also for Friday/Saturday.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Looks nice right now. Tons of bugs coming off the water in front of the cabin this morning. Even seeing some mayflies. Minnows are still around.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts