Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/fowelerville area.has any body heard or seen these, i was just told about them today by my buddy that lives downsate.

thanks any info would be great

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
A buddy of mine shot a dandy buck 10 point- about a 21 inch inside spread in Howell. He shot it south of Howell off near Schaefer road.... Seen a number of other decent bucks shot out this way too. Another guy I know that leases in the Hell area had his son shoot a 160" buck.... They are out there- I wish I had some pics.

J

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Actually aside from the two mentioned above that are dead now, all the bucks in Howell and geneticly inferior and produce only really, really tiny racks. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
steve i realy have no idea,he told me one was shot near howell and the other near fowlerville.he was talken huge, that is why i but it out here to see if nay body knows.i used to hunt the howell/pickeny area all the time when i lived down state .but we all know how stories go:lol: .a nice 8 pt will be huge by the time it gets up here :lol:. not knocken any stories because any buck is a nice buck.i belive one was taken near the pepsi plant.he was comparing one of them to the milo hanson buck,

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
The one by the pepsi plant is not true.. I live in Howell and after getting that message I drove by the Pepsi Plant on my way to the morning coffee stop after dropping off my daughter at school and I can promise noone is going to shoot a deer behind the Pepsi Plant. There is about a 10ft fence blocking off the property and immediately follow by a side street with homes no more than 30 yards apart all the way to D-19.. And as well the buck they are talking about was shot in Indiana.I have not heard of the one from Fowlerville so have no input there.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I was wondering how you could kill a buck there... it is basically residental... Now perhaps behind the Ogihara plant between I96.... That all used to be melon farms in there and there are still some decent woods and overgrown fields.... But not behind the pepsi plant.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Now perhaps behind the Ogihara plant between I96.... That all used to be melon farms in there and there are still some decent woods and overgrown fields....
That is a long stretch there too! If someone told me they pulled a booner out of there I would not question that a bit!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I used to work the melon farm A LONG time ago.... I know that there was some VERY nice bucks back in that stretch. So it would not surprise me at all either!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok guys thanks for the info,i will call my buddy to tel him what i have found out,and to see if he has any more info also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got a AWESOME Howell buck this year. Scored green a 163. 17.5" inside, 20" outside, 11" G2, 10" G3, 8" brow tine. Freakin awesome.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
thats a biiiiiggin kola!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
holy crap now thats what i am talken about CONGRATES KOLA,I am shaken just looken at the pic:dizzy:,still waiten for my buddy to call with more info.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

well here it is but please dont shot the mesenger.sorry it took so long to get it here but i am out in san deigo working and have not had the time till now.the only info i have on this buck that it was shot in the howell area.

·
Registered
710 Posts

well here it is but please dont shot the mesenger.sorry it took so long to get it here but i am out in san deigo working and have not had the time till now.the only info i have on this buck that it was shot in the howell area.

First time I saw this buck it was shot in WI. then I saw it again and it said IN. This pic gets around......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts