Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddy zach (buckmaster89) killed our turkeys on the late hunt, zack got his about a week ago and i killed mine today. mine had an 11 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/2 spurs 23 lbs killed at 1:15 this after noon. i spotted him in a field and crept through the long grass until i was about 15 yards from this bird I looked up and he was fanned out facing the other direction in full strut so i waited until he turned put the bead of my 12 ga. 870 right on the noggin and KABOOM! my second bird ever. i will post pictures tomorrow when im not on my laptop and zach will post his story, his bird had an 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 spurs 22lbs.
(my first bird had an 11 inch beard with 1 inch spur and 1 1/2 spur weighing in at 25 lbs)
-Mike Roberts

·
Registered
207 Posts
what did you use for cover on the stalk? on some of my successfull stalks i was able to use the terrain like keeping a little hill or ridge in between the bird and me and i was able to get close, but was there any wind to cover your noise? i'm just curious . . . great job on the stalk and on your friends bird as well

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no wind and the birds had just gone over a grass hill about 3 foot of grass and i just army crawled with my gun until i thought i was close enought and nelt up to look and he was in full strut facing the 3 hens and 2 jakes which were walking the other direction and when he fanned himself to one side i got a clear shot of his head and took it at 15 yards, i also noticed on my trail cam i got a picture of him 30 minutes before i shot him.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i just realized i posted the above pictures under my moms michigan sportsman name.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Good story, are you sure you didn't just catch him by the tail? what happened to your feathers on that bird? :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had him in the back of the truck when it started raining, then he rode shotgun the rest of the way home:lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
i was driving down the road where i hunt to go to a buddys house and seen thes 3 tomes out in the other feild so i drove home fast got my stuff on and ran out there seat up and sarted to do some calling and abought a 30min later big red head came out in the woods and then 2 more so i got read did some more calling they came in abought 35 yards ad boom got my first tom best day of my life

zach

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey man long time no see!!!! congrats on the birds to both of you!!!
i went fishing this weekend and caught two of the biggest bass i ever have all in about ten miniutes of fishing one was 17.5 in and the other was 19.5 in the big one weighed 4.5 pounds:D :D :yikes: :yikes: !!! hey when do you get out of school? and when are we going to go to warner??? or fishing anywhere? Well i am uploading thos pictures right now so look for them in my gallerie or in the fishing forums!!

Anthony!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts