Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Hudson Walt and I had a little friendly competition with Amos and Randy.the 3 of us have been fishing together all spring but it's Randy's first outing. we were fishing at 7:00 out of SSP. Slow start for the Walt and Dave boat pulling bandits but we slowly switched over to harnesses and finished at 11:15 with our limit. Messed around after that pulling spoons and rubber worms till Dan's boat finished. Caught one almost immediately on a spoon behind a directional diver. No luck with imitation crawlers. Almost every color harness caught fish 24 to 26FOW 1.6 to 1.8 SOG.
This is a dry Walt with the cooler full!! Another beautiful day on the bay! View attachment 767021
Water Sky Arm Smile Body of water
Water Vertebrate Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Outdoor recreation

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
1,661 Posts
I officially rename brest bay to Carson City.
Set line at 830 and by 850 had 25 silvers. Threw them back and headed south to waypoints from Monday. Yikes no marks. Headed further south till 3 marks and set lines. Right away got one and another board disappeared. Ifishmon took the rod asking for the net. I tried to hand land it but tossed the hook. It would have been biggest of day. Fished 🐟 pod dry and moved on. Ended with 15 eyes keeping our 12. Speed seemed to be 1.7sog but later 2.2. Bandits 25 to 50 back
Water Cloud Sky Blue Vertebrate
Food Seafood Fish Ingredient Fish products
Water Sky Boat Fisherman Rock fishing

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I officially rename brest bay to Carson City.
Set line at 830 and by 850 had 25 silvers. Threw them back and headed south to waypoints from Monday. Yikes no marks. Headed further south till 3 marks and set lines. Right away got one and another board disappeared. Ifishmon took the rod asking for the net. I tried to hand land it but tossed the hook. It would have been biggest of day. Fished pod dry and moved on. Ended with 15 eyes keeping our 12. Speed seemed to be 1.7sog but later 2.2. Bandits 25 to 50 back View attachment 767034 View attachment 767035 View attachment 767036
WTG! I don't know. Maybe were bailing on bandits to quick. But they are gobbling up those crawlers. We had a 4 bagger to put us over the top. It was a fire drill but we lost number 4 at the boat..

· Registered
402 Posts
New Hudson Walt and I had a little friendly competition with Amos and Randy.the 3 of us have been fishing together all spring but it's Randy's first outing. we were fishing at 7:00 out of SSP. Slow start for the Walt and Dave boat pulling bandits but we slowly switched over to harnesses and finished at 11:15 with our limit. Messed around after that pulling spoons and rubber worms till Dan's boat finished. Caught one almost immediately on a spoon behind a directional diver. No luck with imitation crawlers. Almost every color harness caught fish 24 to 26FOW 1.6 to 1.8 SOG.
This is a dry Walt with the cooler full!! Another beautiful day on the bay! View attachment 767021 View attachment 767022 View attachment 767023

That's a great pose for showing off a championship catch. I'll have to give that a shot next time! We got 18 today!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.