Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it out tonite to try yet again to tame the ferocious elusive untameable crappie. tonite i got to meet some more MS members great to meet hawker and deputy and of course the usual stooges made it wild bill and scottyhoover. the weather was better but the wind once again picked up on us late but we were able to move a little better than tuesday nite. i did a lot better after making some adjustments to my crappie rig by adding some small slip bobbers. fish were active if you could find em but still not on fire
scotty's catch for the evenin

scotty with his biggest of the nite

me with some decent specs

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
ozzgood,

Lookin good, I'm thinkin if theres a front moving in your luck might get even better tommorow! How come your in so early? I thought crappie fishin stayed hot til around 10-11?

Go'in up to Houghton Lake tommorow and try out the 286 (CL1) you re-did for me. I'll report on know she worked and if we got any fish! ;)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Humm how about that free fish trap and auger that somebody left out on the ice! oops that was scotty's good to meet yah guys

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had a great time and even caught a crappie. Can't believe all the razzin' that goes on between the shanties. Too funny! Thanks, deputy, for keeping the heater pointed at my feet, though I may have melted the neoprene uppers of my muckboots. :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Those are some nice crappies. I love watching that float "pop" then slowly sink down......take up the slack and set the hook. When you get one with some "back" you know it right away.

By far one of my favorite pan fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts