Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is a bendix?
From what I was told/understand (?), it's the gear that engages in the starting solenoid...If that's wrong, let me know and I will edit my post. I would have just called it a "whatjamajigger" had I not been told. The same guy also told me to smack the starter with a hammer to disengage but, I didn't try that.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
From what I was told/understand (?), it's the gear that engages in the starting solenoid...If that's wrong, let me know and I will edit my post. I would have just called it a "whatjamajigger" had I not been told. The same guy also told me to smack the starter with a hammer to disengage but, I didn't try that.
:lol: I wasn't trying to be a smart alec,, I have absolutely no idea what a bendix is..

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Or just turning the flywheel backwards a 1/2 revolution or so will usually disengage it.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
They don't really have a bendix.
The gear is probably stuck on the shaft due to rust. Easy fix for those interested in this snowblower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts