1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, this is your father's snowmobile;)

Here's the details:
electric start!
It's a neat little sled - light weight! Pick an end - lift with one hand!
Track is good - all the factory cleats still there
Motor - one lunger, still strong

Recent work: new ignition - there's something still wrong with the wiring, I couldn't get fire to the spark plug until I unplugged something?? from the motor then it was fine...admittedly I'm not a mechanic - was going for the least common denominator - after unplugging the "bunch'O wires" from the motor, she fired right up using the keyed ignition, unforturnately it has to be choked to turn it off -- on the other hand it does idle well:D

The lights/brake lights worked fine with the "bunch'O wires" plugged in - not the case now. I suspect the wires have something to do with the kill switch...but I'm tired of messing with it -- it runs great, someone with more knowledge than me can figure out the wires.

There's a crack in the hood - windshield is good, no rips in the seat, there's a extra belt in the storeage behind the seat - I assume it will fit, but it came with the sled when I bought it.

I had new ski wear bars made for it this year - turns great.

Cheap sled $400 - donation to this site upon sale.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
will you take some minnows in trade?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - Bill Buster is upping the anti here with his fancy newer sled, so here's what I going to do. I will throw in, absolutely free, the UHAUL blanket I use to cover the Lynx - that's right Free! Top that, Bill:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
How bad is the crack in the hood? Can you send a pic? I might be interested. Thanks...

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The crack isn't too bad - the previous owner did some repair. It's about 8 inches right on the left front corner of the hood. Doesn't effect anything - the hood is still very stable. I'll try and get a couple pictures posted tonight.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry GreyFox - picture thing ain't going - don't know why, I've posted some here before. So, here's the deal. $350...that's as low as it gets for a running sled w/electric start. Believe me when I tell you - you'll be the envy of everyone out there that paid $350 for their sled:D If it sells great - if not, I'll ride it until my wife backs over it with her car:eek: ..it's parked in the turn around. $350 still gets a donation to the site...though Steve will now be drinking domestic:(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fishfoote, I'll do some thinking.... I want to restore an old sled... this could be the one... I'll stay in touch. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fishfoote.... Thanks, but I guess I'm not ready yet, so I'll pass... but you'd miss that old sled if you sold it...wouldn't you?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GF - I've also got a 77 Cheetah - faster machine. I bought the Lynx thinking my wife would want to go for the occassional ride..."It's too cold" was the response I got from her one and only ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts