Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine in the mail today, just got done shooting it with a flashlight sitting in front of my target. 5/5 in an 8" circle at 20 yds. This bow seems like a natural shooter. I cannot believe this bow is 50 years old. I have a bow I bought this fall that is more scratched than this thing. Anyway, it has on it a little feather arrow rest thing(factory prolly) but it makes too much noise when I draw back an arrow. What do you guys use? I was thinking about keeping that thing on there just glueing a small strip of rabbit fur to the top of it to shut it up? I don't know how people could kill deer with that noisy thing on there? Maybe our deer are more paranoid these days?

heres the bow, gonna run a hundred or two arrows through it tomorrow and see if I will be able to hunt with it next week. I have been shooting a recurve of my dads with the same specs and driving tacks. This seems to shoot just like his. I am still not great shooting my longbows so they will have to wait till next year. I have high hopes for this bow to fill a tag in december though. I have a new quiver, some fresh cedar and fletching on the way as well. This thing doesn't look like it has seen the woods ever in its life (except when it was a tree). I has come to the right owner. I am gonna drydock my bowtech and only use this thing for the rest of the season. I am so pumped to slip into a cedar swamp up north and put this bow to work. :corkysm55

·
Registered
747 Posts
great looking bow, i just use a regular bear weather rest, or if you prefer to shoot off the shelf, you can use a strip of self adhesive velcro or an adhesive piece of felt

·
Registered
567 Posts
That is the most beautiful Griz I've ever seen. :SHOCKED: If you want to get rid of the feather rest, find some sealskin or a bear hair rest. Man, I'd give up a kidney for a late fifties griz or kodiak in that shape....

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the most beautiful Griz I've ever seen. :SHOCKED: If you want to get rid of the feather rest, find some sealskin or a bear hair rest. Man, I'd give up a kidney for a late fifties griz or kodiak in that shape....
Thanks, you woudn't have to give up a kidney, just a few hundo and you could have this one;). I was actually very surprised this was in as good of condition as it is. The guy in the auction didn't really make it sound like it was perfect. Seriously though, I would sell you this if you would like it. I have a nack for being hard on things and I will just ruin it. I would be just as happy with a beat up one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts