Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18' fiberglass canoe that I havent used in 10 years. I bought it new for $500.00+ and only used it a couple of dozen times. It has been stored outside, upside down and off the ground. The inside is very clean but the outside needs a good scrubbing...should clean up like new.

This is a good, stable canoe for bigger water. The front and back ends each have "water tight" storage lockers for small gear so it wont fall out if you happen to flip over. I think I have a spare set of paddles that I can include with the boat. Price is $250.00

-Northcountry

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will measure it tomorrow and let you know.

-Northcountry

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim, the width of the canoe is 37".

The dirt on the outside is soft and scrapes clean with only my fingernail, so washing it with a soft nylon brush and car soap is all it will need to look like new.

-Northcountry

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slowpoke, I dont know the wieght. I am pretty sure that I can find out by reading the US Coastguard label on the inside, but unfortunately I am 1-hour away from the canoe right now.

It is impossible for me to accurately answer the question about whether or not one person can load the canoe, because it depends on the person...and what they are loading it on. I know that I have picked it up and carried it through the woods during portages with little problem. Its all about technique.

If its not sold by the time I go back to my cabin again, I'll find out the wieght and post it here. I would *guess* 75-lbs.

-Northcountry

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I checked out this canoe over the weekend while picking up another boat from Northcountry. This canoe at this price is a hell of a deal! A scrub brush, some soapy water and a half hour and you got yourself a brand new canoe.

If I had a use for it, it would be mine!

Mitch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Northcountry, do you still have this canoe for sale? Where is it located?

Cheers

Sarah

P.S.-Is it pretty easy for one person to handle on the water (small inland lakes)?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sarah, yes the canoe is still available. I will PM you with details.

-Northcountry

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Canoe has been sold for full asking price. Buyer was not from this site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts