Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of Fishing with Dale B, Karl M, and Joe S. We started the day with solid 2 foot waves with an occasional 3 footer. The Bay's wave frequency made it impossible to Run up against them without pounding equipment and bodies. We set up in 30 FOW and had 5 eyes going up hill. We turned around and picked up 6 going downhill. The wind and waves laid down to about 1 footers and the bite slowed significantly. We added another 5 for a total of 16 walleye and two perch before calling it quits. We threw back about 7 or 8 undersized walleye and a few 6-7 inch perch. Best color was a glow chartreuse and a speed of 1.4 to 1.7 MPH. The down rods did more than their share. Sorry Soup no pics today.
It was a good time with good people. There was a couple at the ramp that came in empty. I gave them 4 walleye and I didn't have to clean any fish.

Reactions: goin deep

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank thanks for the report.You had to clean those 2 perch:)
No sir, I sent them home with Karl. I hate to make a mess for a couple of fish. :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice report Frank. My down Rods having been doing the majority of damage as well lately. Makes it a bit easier when it works that way.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nice job Frank! You're a popular guy in the radio. I heard lots of boats calling you, but never heard you.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice job Frank! You're a popular guy in the radio. I heard lots of boats calling you, but never heard you.
I talked to a few people Mon. A large percentage of boaters have poor radio setups and can receive but not transmit very far. My radio set up puts it out. Some think just because they can hear they should be able to communicate. That is not the case.

I wasn't out at all over the weekend. It's a different scene on a holiday weekend and I'd rather avoid it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was with Frank on this trip and I have to say he is a very good fisherman. Very meticulous about his fishing and presentations and it paid dividends again for him. Also met two great guys Joe and Carl and they had the program down to a "T" fishing with Frank in the past. They made a marginal day a great outing. If you ever get the invite be sure to go with Cap't Frank. PS Bring powdered donuts! Thanks again for a great day Frank.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dale, I'm looking forward to fishing on the Silver Dollar and learning your methods. It was my pleasure to have you aboard.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Were they yelling.."Chop Chop"...:)

I talked to a few people Mon. A large percentage of boaters have poor radio setups and can receive but not transmit very far. My radio set up puts it out. Some think just because they can hear they should be able to communicate. That is not the case.

I wasn't out at all over the weekend. It's a different scene on a holiday weekend and I'd rather avoid it.
Yeah it was nice being able to get my parking spot!...LOL!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott, You are on thin ice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dale how much is a lesson in fishing? an extended Vassar family member needs help! I'm not sure it's the kind of help I actually need

·
Registered
392 Posts
Great job Frank. And I am with you on the weekend thing. Couple of buddies went out and they reported to me that it was like bumper boats out there. Sunday eve was very nice and not crowded.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Seen you heading in yesterday around 12:45 Frank..I hit a two man in between the points in 27-8 fow.The waves were pounding to dang hard to head South outside the Pt. like I did on Sat and Sun.Bigger fish came during the pounding though....stayed well away from the pack this weekend so the crowds really didn't affect us.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
good job on the fish frank ,everyone knows ya dont talk on the radio...lol.. i just got the info from my foot ducer i installed on the pi...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well now I don't feel so bad. I took the Bootyfull out for her shakedown yesterday. I ran out and fished around 1 & 2 for three hours and only ended with a 16 fish slow pick. Thought I was stinking up the place, but......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts