Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1995 Smokercraft 14' Deep V with 1991 Load Rite trailer. I have title for boat but year was uncertain. I am guessing by the HIN. I also have title for trailer. Powered by a 30 Nissan...I think late 80's early 90's? Key start and starts first turn 95% of the time. Boats goes around 22 MPH with two adult men 460lbs. Been on SCR coming back in 3-4 footers and we were not uncomfortable. Quite seaworthy. No leaking rivets. When I got it back in 2017 I stripped the interior and went over all rivets with epoxy. This boat will never leak! Trailer has new wheels and tires 2020, bearing buddies 2020 and coupling 2020. Boat also comes with gas tank and battery. $2,500.00 Cash

Don
(248)Nine Three Five-1452

Attachments

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious if anyone has any idea why no one is interested in my fishing boat? Lowered the price about as far as I want and only a few nibbles. Most people I have consulted with said the engine alone was worth $2,500-$3,000 alone. At this point I might just store it a my dealership. Just want it out of my driveway!

· Registered
3,664 Posts
Curious if anyone has any idea why no one is interested in my fishing boat? Lowered the price about as far as I want and only a few nibbles. Most people I have consulted with said the engine alone was worth $2,500-$3,000 alone. At this point I might just store it a my dealership. Just want it out of my driveway!
I told you prior to listing. The motor is old. The motor is also an off brand. The combination of old parts, off brand and no one certified to repair them is giving people pause. I'm sure the motor runs great, but simple things like coils, power packs, carb kits will be difficult to find.
The boat is worth $1800-2500. I am on Craigslist every single day, search boats from Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio Michigan. This has been my experience with off brand equipment.

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
List it on craigslist and facebook marketplace. There just aren't many eyes on here. You probably won't get $3300 for it, but you'll find people who will at least make offers.
I have it on both of them. I started high because the market was nut's but came down to more realistic price a week ago. I do have 2 guys who are stopping by this weekend. I told both my lowest price and both seemed interested. Time will tell I guess. Thanx for the advice.

· Premium Member
849 Posts
Not that he needs backup but I'll second most of what @Jerry Lamb said. That Nissan (Tohatsu) is somewhat difficult to source parts for. Not super difficult but annoying enough to make me pass on one that was recently offered to me at a good price. Could be enough to keep a few people looking for something else. That Smokercraft is a strong boat, I had a '73 14 foot jon boat that was re-branded Montgomery Ward (remember them?) that I got for $100 because it had a 4 inch hole in the bottom. I just welded a patch over it and fished out of it every weekend for a couple years.

It will sell, just needs a little patience. Boating season for most folks doesn't even start until after Memorial Day. Good luck.

· Registered
276 Posts
I don't know who told you the motor was worth $2500-$3000. I just picked up a 95 Johnson 28 hp with controlls and wiring harness for $1500. Motor had less than 100 hours. There are outboards 2000 or newer in 30 hp for $3000.

· Registered
2,856 Posts
Not that he needs backup but I'll second most of what @Jerry Lamb said. That Nissan (Tohatsu) is somewhat difficult to source parts for. Not super difficult but annoying enough to make me pass on one that was recently offered to me at a good price. Could be enough to keep a few people looking for something else. That Smokercraft is a strong boat, I had a '73 14 foot jon boat that was re-branded Montgomery Ward (remember them?) that I got for $100 because it had a 4 inch hole in the bottom. I just welded a patch over it and fished out of it every weekend for a couple years.

It will sell, just needs a little patience. Boating season for most folks doesn't even start until after Memorial Day. Good luck.
Yes,I do remember Montgomery Wards,Im 62 and as a kid ,my dad had a 7 or 8 hp.We would rent a 14 or 16ft boat from Brest Bay Marina,and out we would go for perch.I look back now,and wonder what he was thinking.I remember a couple times,I didnt think we would make it in.Fun times,those were the days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.