Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 12th and 13th are shaping up to be pretty hot for deer movement! Warm and windy this weekend gives way to highs in the low 30's in lower MI. Seeking phase is going to transition into full-blown chase chaos!

Historically, the 10th through the 13th have been my best chase days ever, and the weather is going to magnify it this year.

Park yourself in the thickest doe bedding areas you got boys and stay all day, because it's playoff time!

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
I'll be at work but thanks for the heads up Firefighter!!:rant:

I'm really kicking myself for using all my vacation days before the season.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The 12th and 13th are shaping up to be pretty hot for deer movement! Warm and windy this weekend gives way to highs in the low 30's in lower MI. Seeking phase is going to transition into full-blown chase chaos!

Historically, the 10th through the 13th have been my best chase days ever, and the weather is going to magnify it this year.

Park yourself in the thickest doe bedding areas you got boys and stay all day, because it's playoff time!
Matches what I see by my house also. Have had breeding parties running around my house through the 16th in past years.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'll be back to work on the 11th :(
Thankfully my schedule this week Should have me on stand by 2:30 3 everyday and one morning and I have the 15 16 off. 11 days of vacation and I haven't drawn my bow once :(

·
Premium Member
16,299 Posts
Those temps will be the same down here in S Ohio. I noticed that earlier today.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
my guess is the next day or two up where I hunt, lots of young bucks getting excited today, chasing does and zig sagging all over. I plan on hunting all Monday afternoon if work goes well.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Too bad opening day fireArm season is going to change everything :rolleyes:

:hide:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Heck, Today was a hot day! Bucks were bouncing around like pinballs chasing does! It was nothing to have the same buck come past 5-6 times, some just about dragging their tongue, panting from exhastion from chasing does.before days end, 15 bucks came thru. If next week is better.....i think i may be "sick" and miss some work! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've got 12th-16th off. I'm parking my happy behind in a tree all 5 days. Can't wait!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm hoping Sunday is the day..its my birthday and I'm spending it in a tree.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
FF I thought the same thing when I saw the forecast for next week.......and my joy quickly turned to sorrow as I remembered I have to work all week.

Oh well, still gonna be in a tree this weekend and got some good reports so here's hoping!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I thought the same thing when I saw a similar forecast for NWLP. The 13th was the day for me last year. Good thing I have the whole week off! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agree with smitty that today was a great day for deer movement all day.....several small bucks pushing the does around.....spined a doe at 15yrds....then seen a brute trailing a doe through the binocs to far off. Here's hoping that Sunday is as good.

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Just as Firefighter projected, tomorrow and Wednesday are looking stellar in terms of weather.

Our local forecast is 21 degrees with a NW wind at 7am tomorrow, and it looks like there will a little bit of snow cover in place as well.

Wednesday more of the same in terms of temperatures with a WSW wind.

November cold front - the days that we spend all year dreaming about!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts