Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steelhead Fred and I met up today at 230 at his place for the continuation of my 8 days in a row in the woods. We started off a little east of where I hunted yesterday and was mildly succesful. The difference today was about 6 inches of snow. It was decent to walk in but way better compared to what I trenched through yesterday. We found a few birds that were mostly roosted in trees. We hunted hard and the dogs did a great job. Fred got a bird out of a snow roost that Bella worked beautifly and followed up with a nice retrieve.

Fred with Bella and the king!


Fred in action about to take the shot


A December grouse road


Overall it was a great hunt and good times. Cant wait to do it again tomorrow! That is the great thing about ten days in a row off!!! :D
Ric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,931 Posts
Good work boys!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,697 Posts
Is that one of those ruffled grouses you guys are always talking about?

Interesting, looks about the size of a quail, do they get any bigger?
That looks like a 20 gauge Rizzini, nice tool you tool. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
Great Pic's Jr!


Yes Scott that is the 1st Grouse I have shot with the 20 gauge Rizzini, I normally am a 12 gauge man for winter Grouse - but if I am going to pound snow the 6lb gun sure is nice.

I hit that bird pretty hard in the back the nickle 7.5's in an ounce really did the job, only three pellets in each breast though.

Fred
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,939 Posts
Nice job guys!

Now was Junior lucky enough to get the camera up on that action shot when the dogs got hot or was it staged? :lol:

Love the breathable brush pants!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,931 Posts
GVSUKUSH said:
Love the breathable brush pants!
You should see'em, talk about classy!!! I think they must be the Dan Bailey Upland Collection.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
GVSUKUSH said:
Nice job guys!

Now was Junior lucky enough to get the camera up on that action shot when the dogs got hot or was it staged? :lol:

Love the breathable brush pants!
We were in pursuit of a reflush from a creek bottom - and I was mounting on a longish flush and Deuce and Bella saw him go out. I never pulled the trigger, we saw the bird land and Jr said he was going to try and take some shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,939 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
We were in pursuit of a reflush from a creek bottom - and I was mounting on a longish flush and Deuce and Bella saw him go out. I never pulled the trigger, we saw the bird land and Jr said he was going to try and take some shots.
Nice! With digital cam's at 99 bucks at some stores I should really get a cheap one to keep in my vest next year for occasions like that. I'm a little shy taking a $350 cam in my vest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Great Pic's Jr!


Yes Scott that is the 1st Grouse I have shot with the 20 gauge Rizzini, I normally am a 12 gauge man for winter Grouse - but if I am going to pound snow the 6lb gun sure is nice.

I hit that bird pretty hard in the back the nickle 7.5's in an ounce really did the job, only three pellets in each breast though.

Fred
I always aim for the head....;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,080 Posts
Nice post and pics.



I will try not to be jealous........:bash: as I am trapped in the City til after New Years!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
GVSUKUSH said:
Nice! With digital cam's at 99 bucks at some stores I should really get a cheap one to keep in my vest next year for occasions like that. I'm a little shy taking a $350 cam in my vest.
I bought my daughter a digital camera/camcorder for Christmas for $70.
It's a 4 megapixel camera and the movies are of mpeg format. Perfect for her to get a feel for the digital age and also really cool for outdoors action!! Got it at Circuit City. AIPtech makes it....a great buy for sure.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top