Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

81 - 100 of 370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
SE Sanilac... Nephew finally listened to me and lowered his standards way down. This would have been year three without him taking a deer off the property . Plenty of opportunities just not what he's looking for likes them wall hangers for sure. This morning was his last hunt then has to head home. He did say he almost let this one have a pass also to see if anything was behind it... Decided to drop it and at least take home some deer this year. :)
450 not even a 20 yard shot dropped in tracks
IMG_20201122_085207048.jpg

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Get him ogb,I may have to go on doe patrol now that buck I shot had a brain infection and can't eat the meat. Just my luck. Lol
I wonder if the DNR would afford you another antlered tag if your butcher, or was it taxidermist, turns the body over to them for whatever kind of testing/affirmation that they would need. I'm sure you've thought of your options but I thought I'd ask

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
SE Sanilac... Nephew finally listened to me and lowered his standards way down. This would have been year three without him taking a deer off the property . Plenty of opportunities just not what he's looking for likes them wall hangers for sure. This morning was his last hunt then has to head home. He did say he almost let this one have a pass also to see if anything was behind it... Decided to drop it and at least take home some deer this year. :)
View attachment 606479
Congrats to him

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
View attachment 606479
Congratulations to your nephew..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Gonna call tomorrow morning, I don't have to much faith in our dnr but worth a try. Even with a new tag it could take days to see another buck with 4 pts on one side. So bummed I hunted my butt off for 13 days in a row to get a buck. Don't have the time to go for another long hunt.
I wonder if the DNR would afford you another antlered tag if your butcher, or was it taxidermist, turns the body over to them for whatever kind of testing/affirmation that they would need. I'm sure you've thought of your options but I thought I'd ask

·
Registered
314 Posts
I mercy killed a sick buck last year and the DNR gave me an antlerless tag to replace the meat only. I tried to talk them into a buck tag but they wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Going to head in shortly. Going home for my daughters B-day dinner. I’ll check in on forum tonight. Probably be back Tuesday or Wednesday to hunt. Good luck, beautiful snowy day in Calhoun co.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
View attachment 606499

Wife had the second buck of the day visit the scrape. She wants the first one to come back.

I'm sitting with my son and we had a decent 8pt come in but he never got a shot. The buck caught wind of us or something.
First buck and now this buck it’s like a QDMA poster in reverse...

81 - 100 of 370 Posts