Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

121 - 140 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Well still playing catch up to the big boy. He was at my stand today at 4am for 25 minutes.
With 7 bucks on cam in this stand, sooner or latter one has to slip.
Not seeing any deer while on stand since the 3rd of October is bumming me out.
I believe still that just behind that tree they stand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Any opportunity to move closer to where he is headed. Sounds like you are too far away from where deer feel safe during daylight

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Congrats to those who closed the deal today.

Hunted private land in Cass Co. Nothing today as well as yesterday outside of tree rats.
Giving it a go tonight and hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Friends mom's property so I am somewhat limited as to where I can hunt. But at least I'm hunting.

Would be happy with a decent doe. Opening day passed a small doe and a 4 pt. Actually felt good about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
How many damn LFTS threads we gonna start today huh? Bad enough trying to follow 1 Saturday thread while you're trying to kill a giant, now you guy's expect me to follow 3?!?!? Shoot it straight & be safe, I'll unravel all this crap later.
Day 7 and the poor guy is losing it.. Michigan hunting has this affect on us. Stay strong Namrock! Hang in there buddy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It aint over till the fat lady sings, I just did a 13 day hunt, Saw a deer day one morning sit, Got buck on day 11,and Did not see a deer in between Those days. But that is big woods hunting you kind of have to go in with the mentality that it could happen. But your odds of shooting a nice buck is very high. Good luck and hang in there.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I did see 3 does from my new saddle stand, but also the largest buck I have ever seen in 28 years on this property. First he kind of trotted by, so I grunted a couple times to him, and in a minute , he came back, more grunts, would not leave, but would not come closer. prolly 150 yds out just going left to right. still made my knees tremble

121 - 140 of 263 Posts