Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to head out the door in Hubbard Lake. Had to head home Wednesday but drove back up last night. My sister and her family are here this weekend. Hoping one of my nieces can connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Anybody going out today or is everybody taking the day off. Day one can be just as good is day 7. Lucky day number 7 I feel somebody's gonna shoot a Michigan Freak This morning. Good luck boys. Taxidermist called me last night and said The 7 Pointer I shot on Tuesday add a severe brain infection, And recommends I do not eat the meat great, Took me 10 days in many hours in the stand to get that buck. Said the inside of the brain cavity was greenish in color and looked like pea soup nothing like a normal deer brain said he is never seen anything like this and all the deer heads that he is done. Just my luck. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Good luck today and shoot By sight walk by faith

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Daylight in the swamp! Headed out in Kent County. First gun hunt of the year. Hoping the other weekend warriors have them moving. Hunting a buddy’s whose wife hates deer eating her flowers so does are on the menu. Good luck guys. Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Anybody going out today or is everybody taking the day off. Day one can be just as good is day 7. Lucky day number 7 I feel somebody's gonna shoot a Michigan Freak This morning. Good luck boys. Taxidermist called me last night and said The 7 Pointer I shot on Tuesday add a severe brain infection, And recommends I do not eat the meat great, Took me 10 days in many hours in the stand to get that buck. Said the inside of the brain cavity was greenish in color and looked like pea soup nothing like a normal deer brain said he is never seen anything like this and all the deer heads that he is done. Just my luck. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Good luck today and shoot By sight walk by faith

You should contact the DNR and see if they want some meat to test. Could be the Mad Cow. Taking the morning off, to much activity at my place before dark last night. Anybody in St. Clair County, get out there the bucks were moving yesterday morning from the reports I heard last night showing off my buck.
Shoot straight and be safe everybody.

Reactions: 1morebite
1 - 20 of 263 Posts