Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
The rollercoaster of weather continues again today...

Much less optimistic about seeing a shooter as it looks like the big guy was killed yesterday morning about 1/2 mile southwest of me. Hope to stop by later today and see the buck and share some of the trail cam pictures I have of him with the lucky hunter.

Another beautiful morning in the Michigan woods.
Overcast skies with a breeze mostly out of the south with 54 degrees here in St. Clair County.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
995 Posts
7:06 is legal time for me this morning, at 6:54 a deer came on that steady walk to my west and I could see white rack in the half dark. Watched him for ten minutes work up to the bedding area im hunting over and he laid down. He was about 90 yards away. I was trying to get a better look, it was hard to tell if he was 120" or 140" in that light. He stood up after 2 minutes, I still couldn't get a great read on him, so I decided not to shoot. He walked into the thicket, no answer to a couple grunts. I really hope he comes back so I can get a better look, almost regretting not dumping him at 7:08.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
7:06 is legal time for me this morning, at 6:54 a deer came on that steady walk to my west and I could see white rack in the half dark. Watched him for ten minutes work up to the bedding area im hunting over and he laid down. He was about 90 yards away. I was trying to get a better look, it was hard to tell if he was 120" or 140" in that light. He stood up after 2 minutes, I still couldn't get a great read on him, so I decided not to shoot. He walked into the thicket, no answer to a couple grunts. I really hope he comes back so I can get a better look, almost regretting not dumping him at 7:08.
Excellent restraint & self control. I applaud your discipline.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Had to help kids get ready for school. Just got on stand behind the house. Blew out a small doe bedded 5yards from my trail. Fresh tracks around. Wind is completely bad for this spot but i can reach out and poke em. Missouri was a blast but happy to be back in Michigan with a gun in hand.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
995 Posts
Excellent restraint & self control. I applaud your discipline.
Thanks I am stating to feel better about it already, there is a 120" 8 I'm watching right now that has a real white rack like the one I passed. He came from a different direction, but could be the same guy looping back. If he comes in the clear I'll take some video.

·
Registered
18,765 Posts
Setup back in some thick pines in a tripod stand out of the wind. The same spot a blew a shoot on a good buck a few weeks ago. Shortly after daylight I saw movement followed by antlers. At one point I could clearly see his head and it was the same buck. He took his time moving through the trees and offered only some iffy shot opportunities. Not wanting to blow it again I let him pass hoping he'll return another day. This is turning into a tough season but there's plenty of time left and I have time to stay with it.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Exciting!

Us big woods schmucks shoot in those situations. :D

21 - 40 of 185 Posts