Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's friend Abby finaly was able to put a tag on her first deer. And a big doe at that. She and my son were in one shack and I was in another when my son called on the radio to tell me a big doe had stepped out of the swamp and that Abby was going to shoot it. As I watched through my binoculars I could see Abby had the gun out the window of the shack. I quickly looked in the direction of the doe and then I heard the report of the gun, the doe went down like a ton of bricks. I told the kids that I would meet them at there shack then all of us would walk down to the deer together. When I got to there shack Abby could hardly contain herself, jumping up and down she ran over to me and gave me a big hug. I told her to take it easy and save her energy she was going to need it.:lol: My son gutted it out for her. Anyway, Savage 243, 100 gr, 150 yards, one shot.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Thats awesome..congrats to her..

Try'n... to... hold...... back a comment about your son shacked up with his friend Abby...:D
Sorry couldn't do it

·
Administrator
17,413 Posts
Great Story!
<----<<<

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
looks like she had to been a little cold with no hat and jeans though!!!:D
See Sbooy42's comment about being in the shack with Boltaction's son........

Nice deer and congrats on her first. Anyway we could get a larger picture? :whistle:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
That is awsome, good for her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts