Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 255 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
SE Sanilac checking in from the barn. Coffee and woodstove. Nephew up for the week. I'm taking full advantage of some extra arms to get some stuff done in the barn. And possibly get a quick couple trees out of the woods. I'm sure it won't be long everyone will be blasting away to check their guns. High wind advisory thru tomorrow night. Good luck to all! Git Er Done!

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Good luck guys. Be safe. Last morning in Iowa. What a fun hunt this has been. Have had some opportunities and hopefully can put it all together this morning. My son saw a monster last night. I think he’s still shaking LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Out by where we were there was nobody. All week we saw less than 10 vehicles and that’s counting the same one 3 times. Saw one camp at the campground and that was it. I’m sure more people will be rolling in today though

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Like I said rifle season, they are here. I agree you dont get much traffic down at your spot back there, I mushroom pic it all summer. High pressure may have been a poor choice of wording, one vehicle in my little spots is enough pressure for me to leave it be. you all notice my lfts pics are rarely of same ground spot, all are easy access and just off the road but looks deer like.

Next year I hope to find some spots more like your camp has and then I may find the solitude that I must have to enjoy my hunts *like I have this bow season* I hunt where the big buck sighn takes me..unless others are hunting it..period.

During rifle I'll have to leave the mikado area to find this imo. I already know I can find this over towards 4001 south of glennie area because its huge imo. Give it a week and it will mellow around here.
Good luck all.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
This buck is either rut worn, got his but kicked recently or just extremely cautious. Took him 40 minutes to work past me. He bedded about 40 yards from me in a small hinge cut. Hunker down little buddy, lol.
20201114_080606.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
This buck is either rut worn, got his but kicked recently or just extremely cautious. Took him 40 minutes to work past me. He bedded about 40 yards from me in a small hinge cut. Hunker down little buddy, lol.
View attachment 602757
That dudes got some serious potential if he makes it!

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
well, I m envious, good luck to all, I am attending a jam session today for some music, so takes the hunting and puts it on the shelf. . won't do gun opener, but maybe the day after. good luck, shoot straight

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It was a steady stream up 65 all day yesterday, I went into Rogers for some supplies and the majority of the vehicles keep going north, I’m sure to the club country.
Flight
We came in Thursday afternoon and several camps were open already. We are 6 miles from 65 and haven’t been out since but judging by the amount of people around all summer and early bow season there will be many. I imagine there will be plenty of new hunters, stay safe all.

61 - 80 of 255 Posts