Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a weekend off and after catching up on yard work I was finally able to head out to the woods at about 3. Not long after the neighbor walked the property line to show his grandson what a deer rub looks like...luckily he was just passing through and not long after deer started to feed into the picked bean field my stand was over looking...Does and fawns filtered in for a while about 4:00 two bucks both entered the field and proceded to chase off every last doe and fawn...after about a half hour of nothing the does and fawn's started to return...5 o'clock rolls around and still no bucks...shortly thereafter I am assuming the same two from before but due to the fact that I forgot my binoculars I am not sure. came into the field and went head to head for a good 3 minutes (first fight I have ever witnessed)... The victor chased the looser right out of the field grunting all the way behind him. They both ended up entering the woodlot I was in about 75 yards to the south of where I was set up...I could hear the brush breaking and leaves rustling getting closer getting down to last light I could hear the grunting and one of the bucks rubbing a tree...a few grunts from my grunt tube and this one came running...not sure if this was the bigger of the two or not but he was plenty big for me. Quartering away the rage 2 blade did their trick took the top of the heart off the deer went 50 yards into the bean field and piled up 160# dressed and aged at 3 1/2 years old

·
Registered
331 Posts
great job on the buck, great pictures

·
Registered
250 Posts
Good job, I see Jr has his camo on for the pic. Be taken him to the stand before you know it!

·
Administrator
17,649 Posts
Congrats on a fine deer and and excellent sounding hunt!
<----<<<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts