1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM SANDIE EDMISTON ,,LEE EDMISTON'S MIDDLE DAUGHTER....HE DIED NOV 17

MY STEP SISTER BROUGHT A COPY OF THE POSTINGS FROM THIS SITE TO THE SENTANCING
AND IT WAS A GOD SEND...TO READ YOUR SUPPORT

IM HONORED TO BE IN SUCH GREAT COMPANY....
REAL HUNTERS WHO WOULD ...NEVER DRINK AND LOAD

THE BIRTH OF THE 'EDMISTON BILL' BEGAN WHEN MY SISTER KATHY ALONZO AN I WERE TOLD THAT A MANS LIFE IN THE EYES OF THE LAW HAD LESS VALUE IN TERMS OF PUNISHMENT..FINES THAN THAT
OF A DOE TOOK WITHOUT A PERMIT

UPON MY FIRST MEETING WITH THE PROSECUTOR WHEN HE EXPLAINED THAT NOT UNTIL THE SPECIAL STATUE WAS PASSED 5 YRS AGO FOR DRUNK DRIVING AND KILLING SOME IT IS THE SAME NOW TO KILL DRUNK (.185 when pulled trigger)with
A RIFLE.....IT IS NOT A CRIME WITH ENOUGH INTENT TO CHARGE MANSLAUGHTER WITHOUT THE SPECIAL STATUE.....

SO MY COMMITMENT TO GET WHAT HE NEEDED ON THE BOOKS WAS PROMISED TO HIM, AT THAT MEETING......................AND DAD......

ON 12/18/00 I WROTE CONGRESSMAN STUPAK....
STATE SEN VanREGENMORTOR...AND SEN KOIVISTO
TO RIGHT THIS WRONG

ON 12/20/00 SENATOR VAN REGENMORTOR PHONED ME
AND AGREED TO WRITE THE LEGISLATION

ON 1/2/00 SEN KOIVISTO PHONED TO DO THE SAME AND OFFERED TO CO SPONSOR

ON 1/24/00 THE EDMISTON BILL WAS BUMPED TO TOP PRORITY STATUS DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING
RESPONSE/SUPPORT FROM ALL OF YOU...MY DADS
FELLOW HUNTERS.............................

I WRITE WITH TEARS IN MY EYES AND HUMBLED AND GRATEFUL HIS FAVOITE PEOPLE WILL SPEAK OUT FOR HIM ...EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDNT PERSONALLY KNOW HIM

THE BILL IS NOW FULLY DRAFTED AND IN PROOF,
EXPECTED TO BE INTRODUCED TO THE MI ST SENATE
FLOOR BY MONTHS END........IF YOU NEED ASSIST
ANCE LOCATING YOU LOCAL SENATOR AND WISH TO
FEEL FREE TO WRITE THE ENTIRE STATE LOG

"THE EDMISTON BILL"-WHEN PASSED

DRUNK HUNTING CAUSING INJURY BECOMES A 5 YR
FELONY

DRUNK HUNTING CAUSING DEATH BECOMES A 15 YR FELONY--

MAKING A RIFLE AN EQUAL WEAPON TO A CAR A BOAT AND A SNOWMIBILE

THANK YOU AND GOD ALL OF YOU FROM ALL OF US

EXTENSIVE COVERAGE OF THE STORY
AT www.gaylordheraldtimes.com
www.miningjournal.net

[email protected]

god bless you an yours and keep us safer out there

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by trout:
Sandie,
Although I am not well informed on the incident, I can tell you that the hunters here I have talked to and met would never hunt after drinking.
Safety is and should be the first thought always.
Protecting others from harm in the future is most important.
To suffer a loss of a loved one to a drunk hunter is a crime, and should be treated as one.
My best wishes to you and your family in this time of need.

The future of hunting cannot tolerate drugs or alcohol use.

your words are a support would you access
the 2 web sites with pretty much the whole story and call your local mi state senator an tell him the same????????

sandie EDMISTON..BILL

·
Registered
249 Posts
dear sandie may god speed your healing of your loss.and assit in your rightous fight for a law that should have been on the books long ago.i cannot begin to comprehend the pain and anguish this loss must have caused you .and i have no words to help in your pain. but i am quite amazed at the strenth you are showing by not curling up in self pity ,and making sure something is done to right a wrong in our society.you are a great example for us and im sure your father is very proud of you ,as everyone in the hunting community should be i know i am. i live in ohio so i can not be of much service to you in your quest for a tougher law in michigan.but i will in your fathers memory check and make sure that ohio's laws are where they should also be and not leniant towards a drunken slob with a gun god bless you and your family

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Sandie-

First and foremost, I would like to offer my condolences to you and your family for the tragic loss yo have all suffered....

Second, YOU CAN BET that I will contact my state reps to insure they support this legislation!

And finally, "Thank-You" for taking the steps to make a difference amidst your sorrow....

If this fellow Yooper can do ANYTHING more, don't hesitate to e-mail me!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sandie,

Add me to the list. My thoughts and prayers are also with you. God Bless!

------------------
Cliff Cushard
Cushard's Kennel

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sandie, I to would like to offer my condolenes to you and your family.I will also contact the state reps. I agree with trout that it is a crime and MUST be treated as such.We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sandie\;
I'll do my part to and contact my state legislature. More importantly I promise to act in a safe and responsible manner while in the field. Your family is in our prayers this is truely a loss to you and the outdoor community. God bless,

Song Dog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts