Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I am terribly disappointed that this mask mandate had to be instituted.

I was told by people on this site that as soon as the new President was sworn in, Covid-19 would disappear.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I am terribly disappointed that this mask mandate had to be instituted.

I was told by people on this site that as soon as the new President was sworn in, Covid-19 would disappear.
Ding a ling! The POTUS celebrated last night night without a mask... he got called out for it today. Blithering idiot.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I for one will not be wearing a mask in national forests. I don't understand:

a.) who will be there to care.
b.) who would care if they were.

If anyone actually gets ticketed for walking around a forest without a mask, please let us know.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
When the mandate is lifted, are you going to lose the mask, or continue to wear one to lessen the impact of the flu?
Do you wear the mask to keep people safe, or because big brother told you to do so?
I get a flu shot to lessen the flu. That is available to everyone as a preventative. If you chose not to thats fine. When covid vaccine has been available for everyone I will feel the same way.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Look at the spikes at below chart for cases in US. High points are 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and 2-weeks after X-mas. It is on the way down now. now, there is spring break in mMarch that doctors are worried about.
View attachment 634579
What I see is exponential growth.
The inoculation period is not two weeks.We were working at a federal government project and had a coworker test positive and we were required to do a rapid test and return 48 hrs later without symptoms.
I know well over a 100 people that have had covid and they mask up following the rules.
I've said it before and there is muck more to transmission.
JMHO.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I get a flu shot to lessen the flu. That is available to everyone as a preventative. If you chose not to thats fine. When covid vaccine has been available for everyone I will feel the same way.
Yes although flu vaccines didn't get approved by rapid trials (operation warp speed) and are a killed virus.
The mRNA is a genetic vaccine which complements a dna strand for immunity. (New science)
Does anyone have information on a killed virus vaccine in the works.
Covid is here to stay so it seems that it would be more viable candidate down the road.
I am now experiencing the covid fear propaganda at a personal level.My mother was unwilling to go to the hospital and I kept pressing the issue. She was reluctant (stubborn) and finally gave in.She has been diagnosed with cancer.
Has this shortened her life.I don't know. If it did should I act out and blame fear propagandists affecting her thought process with the anecdotal blame game.
I will not.
I will however recommend that anyone in this situation I am in to push harder if a family member or friend is delaying medical care.

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
What I see is exponential growth.
The inoculation period is not two weeks.We were working at a federal government project and had a coworker test positive and we were required to do a rapid test and return 48 hrs later without symptoms.
I know well over a 100 people that have had covid and they mask up following the rules.
I've said it before and there is muck more to transmission.
JMHO.
My buddy has the covid right now. Pretty liberal out west where he is so mask are worn at all times... He's got a cough, little body ache.
Mask didn't help him from getting it

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My buddy has the covid right now. Pretty liberal out west where he is so mask are worn at all times... He's got a cough, little body ache.
Mask didn't help him from getting it
It is a persistent myth that wearing a mask will prevent an individual from getting sick.

However, there is considerable evidence that wearing a mask can reduce the spread the illness within a population.

There is also some very limited evidence that mask wearing can reduce viral load.

·
Super Moderator
35,246 Posts
:coco:What I don't understand is how this topic has lasted 157 post but a thread about Milina lasted only 6 because it was deemed political, even though the topic was about someone fantasizing about her coming to live with him. I love this bar!
? It WAS political. Duh. Maybe not the original post, but it went there quick

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Huh? I didn't say you were denying dinosaurs. I said its a real thing I have heard of.
Oh I believe in dinosaurs, C-19 is taking care of em. Lol just joking my sensitive friends here.
Seriously though, we lucked out with this one. Kids aren’t affected and 99+% will survive it. I’ll take that over the flu or an asteroid any day.

141 - 160 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.