Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Heading up to camp for the day to setup a few things.:woohoo1:

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I'm headed up in the afternoon on Friday the 13th. Will hunt through Wednesday the 18th and head home late Wednesday night. Can't wait to go. Kept swearing I was gonna get back out in the woods with my bow for the first time in 10 years but no luck. No cash and I just don't trust myself with the equipment I have. Next year for sure, but until then rifle season will have to cure my itch.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If the good Lord is on my side my son won't be born until after the 15th so I can hunt the weekend opener. If so I will be leaving Fri. 13th and bow hunt the 14th and head home late on the 15th have to work on Mon. 16.

Good Luck to all those going out and BE SAFE!!!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
We're leaving Thursday night to do some bowhunting before WW3 starts the 15th. Then we'll join the battle for Sunday and Monday before heading home.

Good luck to all and post your pics under the Success Pictures -- Anything, Anywhere, Anytime in 2009 thread!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm headed up in the afternoon on Friday the 13th. Will hunt through Wednesday the 18th and head home late Wednesday night. Can't wait to go. Kept swearing I was gonna get back out in the woods with my bow for the first time in 10 years but no luck. No cash and I just don't trust myself with the equipment I have. Next year for sure, but until then rifle season will have to cure my itch.
I hear its lucky to hunt on Friday the 13th. must be a blood thing. Good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been too busy to even think about deer camp but when I walked outside this morning to a frosty truck a tuning fork went off in my loins.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm dreading opener, i wish bow season would never end.

Here's to deer running for their life, out of their natural patterns and going nocturnal for 15 days if they don't go for a ride in the bed of a pickup. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm down to seven:)
Oh I'm leaving in 7 days just counting the days till I'm sitting in the woods w/rifle in hand! :D
Hunting a new area for the opener. Well, not a total new area.
Got an invite from another member to hunt his property last year but couldn't get there till 2 days in. Ended up taking a buck and 2 does, 1 of which went to the landowner.
This year it will be interesting to see what kind of action I see on the opener sitting in a cedar swamp a stones throw from a famous river. :evil:
Hope to repeat my success of last year and spead some of the venison wealth around! :corkysm55 If I'm real lucky my success will come early so I don't have to go out so much with this lame leg and can kick back a little bit. :lol:
Long day yesterday running up & back but my wife went with me (she loves venison!) to help set up and camo in the tent blinds so I wouldn't have to walk so much.

Oh ya, forgot.................9 to go!!

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I hear its lucky to hunt on Friday the 13th. must be a blood thing. Good luck
Unfortunately I won't be hunting until the 15th. I'll be up there but not in the woods. Wanted to get back into bow hunting this year but it just didn't work out. My bow is 20 years old and only has 50% let off. After the shoulder surgery a couple of years ago I can pull it, but can't hold it for long. I just don't trust myself with it. This was definitely not the year for any new purchases so it got put off a year. Hopefully by next year I can afford a new bow and then I"ll be back in the woods in October again.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Weather Report shows rain and snow mix for me. Low at 32, high in the 40's. As long as it's not stupid windy or pouring, I am happy.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Weather Report shows rain and snow mix for me. Low at 32, high in the 40's. As long as it's not stupid windy or pouring, I am happy.
Never seen a weather report that was accurate 8 days out.

8 to go!! Leaving in 6!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts