Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 days of busting are butts after work and weekends, Neubys and I finshed my first waterfowl rig. The backstory on the boat, was I bought this 1978 Sylvan at the start of are frist ever waterfowl season. As I thought it was going to beat the heck out of my nice newer fishing boat, so I decied a junker was needed. So for 600$ Sylvan was mine. The boat worked ok at best, as the season went on, we learn alot of the do and dont's layout hunting and what type of boat was needed. We were always talking that we needed a wide open boat for are gear and a tiller steer to help during setting and retrieval of are longlines. So after are last hunt diver duck hunt of the year on Dec. 27, I had my mind already set on two things, one that I truely enjoying waterfowl hunting, and two I needed to rework my boat. So thats what Neubys and I did. At the end of the day, we replaced the transom, the floor, built a bow platform, new 12 gallon gas tank, used 2009 50 hp 4 stroke (132 hrs), new wiring, paint and 99% of the hardware was replaced. Its pretty much a new boat in my eyes The frist trip out we hope will be this weekend for the started of late goose season in open water in the southern zone. In the next day or two we will hope to cut the boat luach open to get acess to the river for my new boat frist trip and birds.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, that's a sweet rig now! It was pretty much like our own version of Monster Garage!! It sure is nice standing back and looking at the finished product. Plus people did not think it could get done in such a short time frame.

Next project is replacing the transom on my 97 Lund Pro V!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Marina Rob-That turned out great good job!! Don't forget when Hollywood comes knocking wanting to start a duckboat rehab show you need a agent:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts