Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to a cloudy,windy day my absolute favorite for ducks. So we decided to hit up a spot on the rasin river that the farmer just took down the corn next to,and man was it the right call. Set the spread all out and right at first light we had birds working the cut corn across from us. We had tried getting permission but he had a couple problems with some bad eggs before and wouldnt budge,oh well. we had a pair dumpin early to start off the day,and it seemed like the birds were never ending after that. Everytime the birds would work the field and swing over the tops of the tree's we were able to break 1 or 2 off. The best part of the morning however was when we had a flock of 20-25 birds drop right into the decoys. We called the shot and each doubled for are last four birds of the morning. We were all smiles til I went out to collect my two drakes when I noticed....IT WAS SPORTING BLING!!!:yikes: I've shot plenty of goose bands but a mallard band has always been nothing but a dream until now.

All and all a great morning to be outdoors,not much for hunting in the rain but the wind with the fall colors i can handle.

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
Great hunt. Way to end the Duck Band Drought (DBD). I heard that it can take years and years to get over sometimes. Damn disease anyway. I've had DBD for a fair number of years now. LOL! I wish there was just a vaccine for it!!

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Way to "hang em low"........Are those pigeon bands?

·
Registered
397 Posts
nice shootin. congrats on the jewelry.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Band gods are smiling upon you this season. congratulations.

now try spreading the wealth a bit - Hogger!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice hunt!!! I love some bling:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts