Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left out of bolles at 8, headed a little past sputnik to 30-32' of water, as soon as we dropped lines it was game on. started pulling perch right a way.
only moved one time about 100yds with same results. Three guys, we ended up with 124. It was a little bumpy but we managed. Tight lines all! all were 9-12". only a few throwbacks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You must have been in the shipping channel. That is the only 32' water out there. It must have been a little bumpy. I just checked the Toledo Light station and it said 25 kts 190 degrees. That is 30mph out of the south, ouch. That area won't be fishable until Friday. Luna Pier and Brest Bay must be cmilk. I am sure there were 5 guys in the boat since the limit in Ohio is 30. and Sputnik is about 5 miles into Ohio.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Don't question limits! LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stand corrected!

Lake Erie Walleye and Yellow Perch Daily Bag Limits
Species
Dates
Daily Limit
Minimum Size
Walleye
March 1 to April 30
15 inches
May 1 to February 28
15 inches
Yellow Perch
May 1 to April 30
none

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Wait 30 , no 40...or was I in Michigan for 50...lol....just messing with ya...nice job on the convicts.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
71 Posts
You must have been in the shipping channel. That is the only 32' water out there. It must have been a little bumpy. I just checked the Toledo Light station and it said 25 kts 190 degrees. That is 30mph out of the south, ouch. That area won't be fishable until Friday. Luna Pier and Brest Bay must be cmilk. I am sure there were 5 guys in the boat since the limit in Ohio is 30. and Sputnik is about 5 miles into Ohio.
Sounds a little fishy!must hav been on top of the wave in the shipin channel

·
Registered
444 Posts
See I told you there were 5 in the boat. How screwy is that. Ohio-30 MI-50.
I guess with everybody having GPS they will nail you if you are over. Back in the day they did not bother if you were inside the shipping channel. Heck, that is about 4 miles into Ohio. It is amazing,with chartplotters, how little water is in MI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts